** July 15 WT: Do NOT murmur against the "faithful and discreet slave" **

by truthseeker 36 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

jwfacts, is that 100 hours a month; I think there are only 720-744 hours total in a month.

• gumby
    gumby
    In times past, the WT would often include articles on not "murmuring" which only spoke about some complaints a person may have on the way Jehovah's organization did things. But they

would never specifically say that these murmurings were about the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses

They have stated this many many times before. The elders manuel, and through watchtower study articles. I'll agree however to the fact they are now more aware that they have a monster on their hands and they are reacting more actively than in the past. Here's a couple of blasts from the past Watchtower 1986 March 15 pp.10-15 'Do Not Be Quickly Shaken From Your Reason'

'Do Not Be Quickly Shaken From Your Reason'

If drastic steps are not taken to reverse any such spiritual deterioration, soon God's loving requirements seem to be oppressive. The wholesome spiritual food from "the faithful and discreet slave" may seem to be something contemptible, and the brotherhood of loving servants of Jehovah may appear to be a household of enemies. Then the only satisfaction, of a perverted kind, may come in beginning to beat one's fellow slaves with slander and half-truths.—Matthew 24:45-51. Watchtower 2001 August 1 How to Make Your Advancement Manifest

8 First, since "oneness" is to be observed, a mature Christian must be in unity and full harmony with fellow believers as far as faith and knowledge are concerned. He does not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes to Bible understanding. Rather, he has complete confidence in the truth as it is revealed by Jehovah God through his Son, Jesus Christ, and "the faithful and discreet slave."

Oh, there's a lot more

Gumby

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, gumby, I knew that they had said that before; especially when they keep changing things, excuse me "clarifying" things.

Blondie

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

back in the days when it was 1000 hours a month.
    Uh.....typo? How about 100 hours?

• blondie
    blondie

w96 3/15 p. 16 par. 9 Meeting the Challenge of Loyalty ***
    We now come to the matter of being loyal to Jehovah’s visible organization. Certainly, we owe loyalty to it, including "the faithful and discreet slave," through which the Christian congregation is fed spiritually. (Matthew 24:45-47) Suppose that something appears in Watch Tower publications that we do not understand or agree with at the moment. What will we do? Take offense and leave the organization? That is what some did when The Watch Tower, many years ago, applied the new covenant to the Millennium. Others took offense at what The Watchtower once said on the issue of neutrality. If those who stumbled over these matters had been loyal to the organization and to their brothers, they would have waited on Jehovah to clarify these matters, which he did in his due time. Thus, loyalty includes waiting patiently until further understanding is published by the faithful and discreet slave.

*** w75 8/15 p. 508 par. 17 Do Not Let Your Faith Be Shipwrecked by Discouragement or Personalities ***

When Jehovah’s "faithful and discreet slave" organization provides some new understanding based on God’s Word, we may at times have some difficulty in fully grasping what has been published. But what should be done? Should we become critical and perhaps conclude that this is just how a few men at headquarters feel about it? Or, will we reflect the same attitude as the apostles when Jesus asked them on this same occasion when many disciples turned away: "Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life; and we have believed and come to know that you are the Holy One of God."
  • blondie
    blondie

*** w64 5/15 p. 305 par. 8 Maintaining Unity in Difficult Times ***

Disunity may also come about over doctrinal matters. How can that be avoided? It is good in such moments to recall the text in John 6:45, where it says: "They will all be taught by Jehovah." Jehovah’s witnesses in all the world receive their teaching based upon the Bible. The Bible explanations are given out by the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, representing the "faithful and discreet slave" as mentioned in Matthew 24:45. This centralized and uniform teaching has very much contributed toward the unity among Jehovah’s witnesses throughout the earth. If, now, a member of a congregation meets difficulties in understanding or accepting a certain point, he has the possibility to discuss the matter with brothers who have a mature knowledge. If the point still cannot be understood, then it may be best to let the matter rest. Perhaps the Society will publish more about the matter at a later date, and then the understanding will be broadened. In prayer we can ask Jehovah for a better understanding of the matter. "So, if any one of you is lacking in wisdom, let him keep on asking God, for he gives generously to all and without reproaching; and it will be given him." (Jas. 1:5) It would be wrong, however, to try to put your own divergent opinion concerning a certain doctrinal matter across to as many in the congregation as possible. This does not work for the preservation of unity, but, rather, may sow discord and distrust. Usually these points of dispute are of a minor nature. But they can be made so big that they overshadow the big truth of God’s kingdom, and one may even stop preaching that good news.
  • Highlander
    Highlander

From what I've been told, It seemed like 1000 hours a month. I'm glad I never took part in that nonsense.

• heathen
    heathen
    It would be wrong, however, to try to put your own divergent opinion concerning a certain doctrinal matter across to as many in the congregation as possible.

Even if it's an obvious error ? I don't think unity is about stifling people , that's totalitarianism . I just would like to know how anybody can just sit there and play ignorant to an organization that's has erred in countless ways . Where do they come up with all this make believe credibility ?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

A bit of an exageration Blondie and Bizzy Bee,

It was 1000 hours a year which averages as 83 hours a month. Crazy thing was that you were recommended to get 90 hours per month in order to have a holiday, so our Nazi service overseer would make us write an reason on the report card every month that we didnt get 90 hours. Because I was at Uni i used to get 50 hours during exam time and 130 during holidays so month after month I would have to give the same reason, even though I never once missed out on the 1000 hours.

lol Highlander, when it is 40 degrees celius and no wind in Parramatta minutes felt like hours.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Truthseeker,

There is so much happening at the moment, it really gives me hope looking forward. I feel for the ones I know from 20 years ago that became apostate. They really had little hope that anything would change in a hurry, and must have found it hard to get support for all the emotional trauma one goes through when leaving. I take my hat off for the Franz's and Randys etc.

I can not see the WTS continuing in its present form for many more years. People may hang in for the core doctrine and friends, but I can't see shunning etc being carried out for much longer. A few of my friends have told me they will keep in touch, even if they have to do it quietly so as not to get in trouble.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit