** July 15 WT: Do NOT murmur against the "faithful and discreet slave" **

by truthseeker 36 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

How does the Governing Body have the gaul to write this:

Jehovah is in control of everything within his organization, and Jesus is aware of developments in each congregation

I mean, are they on drugs or something?

After everything that's happened since 2000?

• Amnesty Vendor
    Amnesty Vendor

"a very small number among God's people" - Does anyone have stats on the increase in new members on this site & others like it? Without any specifics, it seems to me that most of us have quite a history with the wts.

"Such murmuring is often caused by a lack of understanding of God's way of doing things" - Many of the posters have had significant (many years) experience within the wts structure, including the most respected hq positions. I also find it interesting that quite a few are still serving in wt appointed positions while posting here. So, how can we have "a lack of understanding"?

Knowing the wt crew as i did, their fear is not in the enemies that stand before them. Even more threatening are those dissenters still left among their ranks. At all levels wt loyalty is waning. And to that, they are releasing even more (few in numbers, but potent in latent damage ability) from their holiest ranks in the bethel family.

I think that the next few years will prove quite interesting. wts is being attacked on more fronts than they have ever faced in the past.

• Terry
    Terry

Cults are identified by the impossibility of a Loyal Opposition to air grievances and an utter lack of mechanism to deal with criticism which may be founded in fact.

The willingness of JW's to tolerate questions at the door from people of "false" religious persuasions is legendary. Yet, bona fide and baptised JW's with years of faithful service who ask questions are silenced and threatened with punitive action.

Where is the love or the logic in this?

Isn't it clear as day that IF questions and complaints were dealt with in a kindly and honest fashion there would BE NO MURMURS necessary because the points of contention would have been defused and diffused?

It is abundantly clear the FDS is afraid of being exposed as liars and charlatans. It is obvious they have no honest rebuttals. What they cultivate is an atmosphere of fear. Truth is the first casualty of their stonewalling policy.

Jesus was constantly dealing with complaints, misunderstandings and contrariness. He always provided answers to his questioners who sought clarification or who launched criticisms of his teachings. JESUS NEVER CONDEMNED Simon Peter for a threefold outright denial of him!

The current leadership could learn a thing or two about following in Christ's footsteps.

• Honesty
    Honesty

The Watchtower is in spiritual darkness trying to hide from the light of spiritual truth.

They must maintain control in order to perpetuate their false doctrines.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Yeah but come on how many of them realistically even read this crap anymore? The "hardcore" are half asleep! They buzz through it underlining as they go without a care or a thought! The only one's that really STUDY this junk are those who are on their way out! It's really kinda funny when you think about it!

ooh... maybe I really am in hot water.

ooh hoo... fun fun

Yes you REALLY would be if the elders knew! I dare you... No wait I double dog dare you to go to the hall Sunday and tell the elders your on an apostate site! Heck I Triple dipple dare you! (just take a tape recorder with you!)
  • heathen
    heathen

I think the main problem is that the apostles never called jesus a liar but we are all calling the WTBTS a liar . I never knew a group like them that will go out looking for people to go to their church but then turn around and demonize them because they know the history of the organization and want to discuss it with others . One thing a liar really hates is when the facts are thrown in their face and they can no longer lie their way out of it . We can start with the teaching they have of knowing the invisible end of the world in 1914 when they were telling people it was really the end of the world . All the constant " adjustments" they had to make in order to continue selling magazines . The only thing they can do to keep members working for free is create another end of the world hype and demonize those that question the WTBTS as soon to be dead .

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

It would be great to have scans - actual page images - of these articles.

Transcriptions are nice, but they aren't scans.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit