Special Campaign announced for September: Creation vs. Evolution

by sir82 45 Replies latest jw friends

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

HA HA!! this should be a good one. can't wait to see it. thanks for the heads up. i am going to jiffy marker out anything that is technically or logically fallacious (eg: non sequiturs), unsupported by sources (misquote), or no sources at all, or sources from un-peer-reviewed "books" from "doctors" (born again computer engineers for example), and/or contains unverified implicit assumptions (existence of the yhwh guy).

and then i'll scan it in and post it on JWD before mailing it back to brooklyn.

ts

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    They are stressing at the convention that the end could be any day now - but yet they are choosing to do a special campaign on some old book they have in stock at the hall about evolution?

Am I missing something here? Where is the urgent warning to get out of Babylon the Great as it will collapse any day now?

hey lovelylil,

the reason why the issue of evolution vs. creation is SO important to the WTBTS now is because they have painted themselves into a doctrinal corner with their literal bible interpretations. so they do not have the luxury of being "liberal" about the issue. if the went back on the evolution thing, the entire doctrine structure would collapse in on itself. everything from perfection to imperfection, genetic inheritance and the need for salvation.

for example, if there were tens of thousands of homosapiens living on the planet at the time the WTS says adam and eve fell from perfection, well then even if adam and eve did exist the chances of you or i descending from them is highly unlikely. plus, genetic evidence suggests that we come from a population of early homosapiens about 190 000 years ago, not two individuals 6000 years ago. so, in other words, the WTS is screwed, and they know it. once you start learning about biology and anthropology, you can see how that entire religion doesn't make anymore sense.

ts

• VM44
    VM44

Rutherford's Creation book from 1927. --VM44

http://www.strictlygenteel.co.uk/creation/creationtitles.html

alt

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

dilaceratus

Just call me Midge.

I agree with you that the situation with Behe is sad. The Awake also has a handful of mini profiles that has a number of people from different scientific fields - all saying how rational it is to believe in a Creator and how the evidence points to it....oh yeah...all except one of them are clearly labelled as jws.

In questioning the evolution of new species, the Awake bases one line of refutation on the viewpoints of a Wolf-Ekkehard Lonnig (he's one of the believing jw scientific "authorities" profiled). The material is clearly taken from the wording on his webpage.

I think you and tetrapod (good to see ya back) will enjoy taking that material apart. Here's the (working) link: http://www.weloennig.de/NaturalSelection.html

• VM44
    VM44

"carbon dating is inaccurate"

How does The Watchtower know this?

Do they have some special insight obtained by SITTING AT THEIR DESKS IN BROOKLYN?

--VM44

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Terapod, I believe the Babylon the Great call will be in the tract campaign in October.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit