Special Campaign announced for September: Creation vs. Evolution

by sir82 45 Replies latest jw friends

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

This is awesome.

I'm positive that this article will push more over the edge. Biblical creationism simply cannot compete with evolution. The evidence is just too overwhelming. So what's going to happen is, the Witnesses will place these articles throughout the community, sparking debates with householders. Some of the householders will be knowledgeable enough to point out the errors in the article, and as a result, some Witnesses will start to wake up and smell the coffee.

I hear in December they're going to have a cover-to-cover special issue on proof that the Earth is flat, too.

SNG

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Isn't this campaign almost bordering on politics?

After all, it's no coincidence that this issue is raging in various schools at the moment.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I do believe that God created --- [insert animal, bird, insect etc.]

I also believe that God built in some evolutionary mechanism into various species to develop a little bit differently down the line, depending on environment etc.

The Bible is correct that animals reproduce "according to their kind" - lions do not give birth to zebra's anymore than cats give birth to dogs, or monkeys to humans.

However, I suspect within each spieces, there is the unknown "evolutionary gene" that allows "according to their kind" to be more varied and distinct.

As Daniel-p said, creationsim is faith-based, I cannot prove it scientifically, but it is my faith.

I don't believe man has been on the planet for only 6,031 years, but probably far longer than that.

The discovery of the little people on the island of Flores significantly shook my faith of "Adam and Eve" as our first parents - or maybe God was just having fun experimenting.

Truthseeker (of the wearisome to the soul special campaign class)

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has featured an evolution based campaign in September for many years. I think this campaign focuses more on teaching the rank and file and their children than the general public. If you think the rank and file can't explain 607/1914, ask about evolution.

km 9/04 p. 3 Announcements ***

Literature offer for September: Is There a Creator Who Cares About You? As an alternative offer, you may feature Life—How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation?

km 9/03 p. 7 Announcements ***

Literature offer for September: Life—How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation? Before requesting additional supplies from the branch office, congregations should use what is available locally and check if nearby congregations have a surplus on hand.

km 9/02 p. 7 Announcements ***

Literature offer for September: Life—How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation?

km 9/01 p. 3 Announcements ***

· Literature offer for September: Life—How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation?

*** km 9/00 p. 2 Announcements ***

Literature offer for September: Life—How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation?

All the way back to 1970 (last KM on disk)

Blondie

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Oh Boy! I can't wait to "see" the Awake's use of scientific data! I'm sure the Awake will accurately quote scientific writers. Anyone out there willing to help me?

Skeeter

p.s. I take offense to the Mississippi & Alabama jokes. lol.

• under_believer
    under_believer

Did anybody actually read the most recent "Creation" book? The small sized one? They don't really try to argue it on a scientific basis anymore. Someone apparently picked up on the fact that "Life--How Did It Get Here?" was a grave mistake.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Captain Scmideo- that's hilarious- but sadly it might be true... hm.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

Blondie is right regarding dubs trying to explain creation.

There are times I discuss the topic with my mother and throw in a few points that are part of evolution and she will totally agree with me. If you word it right, they don't know the difference.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"They don't really try to argue it on a scientific basis anymore. Someone apparently picked up on the fact that "Life--How Did It Get Here?" was a grave mistake."

You're right. In "Is There a Creator Who Cares About You?" they didn't try to prove creation scientifically, rather they made emotional appeals, often quoting and emphasising scientists who at some point said they cannot disprove the existence of God. Of course, this is misleading, since science isn't meant to prove or disprove anything. It just is what it is and a theory either works or it doesn't.
    I am sure the bulk of their special articles will consist of appealing to Big-Question sentiments, the things we think about when we approach death. Other than that, there will probably de some side-bars on how many stars there are in the universe, and how fast a hummingbird can flap their wings.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Skeeter1 wrote: Oh Boy! I can't wait to "see" the Awake's use of scientific data! I'm sure the Awake will accurately quote scientific writers. Anyone out there willing to help me?

Maybe it's time for an apostate blitz campaign...??

I would propose a very brief email to all jw's and interested persons.

Heading: CORRECTION pg xx [New Evolution Book Title].

Then sign it something like: Yours in Truth, Faithful and Discreet Slave.

Maybe imbed a scan of the cited document.

Just a thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit