Special Campaign announced for September: Creation vs. Evolution

by sir82 45 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

We had a BOE letter read recently. The September 2006 Awake will be 100% dedicated to the "Creation vs. Evolution" issue.

Even the "Young People Ask" article will be something like "How Can I Defend My Belief in Creation in School?" or something like that. Also, I think one of the articles is entitled "Does the Bible support the notion that the earth was created in 6 24-hour days?"

Congregations were requested to send in orders for extra copies of that issue. Distribution was especially encouraged among teachers and other school personnel.

In big bold letters at the top, highly emphasized, were the words to the effect that this was a HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL LETTER. (Oops, does that mean we shouldn't even share it on JWD? Dang! Oh well, too late).

I don't have the letter handy. I could scan it in, but it's really hardly worth it. The gist is as described above.

I can hardly wait for the latest "evidence" that this magazine will produce.

I'm especially appalled at the "6 24 hour days" reasoning. The article will undoubtedly follow the path of previous articles, something like "How stupid those Bible fundamentalists are!!! Don't they realize all the physcial evidence that the universe, and the earth itself, are billions of years old, not just 6000?"

And 3 paragraphs later, a statement will be made along these lines: "How stupid those scientists are!!! Carbon dating is inaccurate, radiometric dating just doesn't work, and all the dozens of lines of evidence indicating that humans have existed for hundreds of thousands of years are all just plain wrong! There was no such thing as a human being until 6,031 years ago!"

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Didn't I read another post on the camaigning of the Awake! magazine, but on a different subject (or an unknown one)? Is this the Awake!'s new roll? (Does an exclamation mark and an apostraphe go together well?)

I'm almost surprised that the Awake! magazine isn't more well known than the Watchtower.

• james_woods
    james_woods

It is highly confidential because they don't want the R&F to realize that they believe that the big A is not coming until well after September...

Should be a wonderful opportunity to question about the former 7000 year creative day teaching, though.

Don't forget to use the Piltdown hoax as a straw-man argument, also.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    big bold letters at the top, highly emphasized, were the words to the effect that this was a HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL LETTER.

Come on man you've got to scan it now! It's the only right thing to do.
    Seems like an interesting push, mabyee they want to get in on the whole 'evolution vs. intelligent design' debate? Seems like a pretty desprate move.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes
    In big bold letters at the top, highly emphasized, were the words to the effect that this was a HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL LETTER. (Oops, does that mean we shouldn't even share it on JWD? Dang! Oh well, too late).

Ya know,,,,,,I was reading the sure signs of a cult.....and one of the signs was the "religion" expressing that they alone have "special" insights. Not to mention all of the "secret" info that will be given out at the proper time to the deserving faithful ones.

I remember getting that "special" feeling when I heard of new things, arrangements, and how the new info was going to really "shake things up". It is part of the brain washing , you feel like you are getting something that the rest of the world is not given, direct insight from God himself.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Oh good Lord! Just when I thought the FDS were doing something smart, here they go again. I thought they were going to stay out of the very politically-charged creationism vs. evolution debate, but they just can't. They should know that creation(ism) cannot and will never be able to be defended against evolution. They should realize that they don't have to defend creation - it is a matter of faith, and if you try to defend faith with science, you're on a very slippery slope.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Funny, I seem to recall numerous "Special Campaigns" on the Creation vs. Evolution topic in the 80's and 90's. How many times do they have to regurgitate the same old spiritual vomit before they stop calling it "Special"?

W

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"How many times do they have to regurgitate the same old spiritual vomit before they stop calling it "Special"?"

I believe its because young kids in school today are getting their beliefs torn to shreds by rational thought - they need some way to distance themselves from that and take shelter under pseudo-scientific reasoning.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Let me guess...

They had to severely edit out all of the erronneous "facts" out of the "Creation" book, and found that what was left fits into 10 pages of "The Awake".....

• kid-A
    kid-A

There have been a stunning series of evolutionary discoveries over the past year. Transitional fossil forms linking the various branches of early hominids, transitional forms between birds and reptiles, between land and sea creatures, culminating with a report in Nature today, discovering the earliest known forms of single celled lifeforms on earth found in Australia. The entire evolutionary fossil record is falling into place and these grade-4 educated bible goons are probably shitting themselves realizing people may actually begin to question the fairy tales in "My Book of Bible Stories".

Its too late. They lost this battle a long time, except maybe in Kansas, Alabama and Mississipee! LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit