I'm in love with a jehovas witness (plz reply to [email protected])

by Devorak 30 Replies latest social relationships

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

When I was your age I met the girl of my dreams, my first girlfriend. The only reason I loved her was she was the first. Looking back now I am horrified to think I thought about marrying her. There are plenty of fish in the sea, give yourself time to enjoy being an adult before wanting to make such a committment.

Never ever marry a JW. However, if you can get into her head, get her on the internet and open her brainwashed mind then may in a few years she may be the one for you.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hello heartbreak of the week... you guys should form a club.

You're not as mature as you think. Let her go, grow up for a few years, and life will be better.

Everything that could be said to you has already been said on the 'relationships' tab, and there's a thread in 'best of'. Look it up.

• jgnat
    jgnat

As a mature young man in love, you have a very long road ahead of you. Because of your strong faith and hers, I suggest a long engagement, say, two years. This will give you time to get your FILM dream off the ground, save some money for the future, and for the two of you to get used to the battles between religions. You two will find out if you are strong enough to weather the storms. Here's some questions to help you work through your problem.

You've said very little about your girlfriend's perspective in all this. How does she react when her family bad-mouths you? Has she asked you to be JW to make it easier on her? Is she dreaming of a Kingdom Hall wedding?

Have the two of you discussed the beliefs that will bring you in conflict, and have you come to a compromise?

• What will the two of you do if either sets of parents behave badly? Will you support each other no matter what?
    • Is she fine with a civil wedding? Are you fine with a civil wedding? Are the both of you fine with relatives and friends refusing to attend the ceremony?
    • Would she marry you if you never baptized as a Jehovah's Witness?
    • Does she expect you to abstain from blood transfusions...for yourself, her, future children? Could you watch your future wife die in childbirth, doing nothing, because she refuses a life-saving transfusion? Your newborn child?
    • Under what religion will the children be raised? Both? JW only?
    • Is the JW dream her dream...pioneering for her, "reaching out" for priviledges for you? Can she give up that dream so that you can follow your dream of FILM? Can she live with the sad comments of the women at the hall, disappointed that she married a "spiritually weak" husband who won't "reach out" for more responsibilities at the Kingdom Hall because of his own "selfish" interest?
  • Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

DEVORAK, LISTEN TO WHAT "GERARD" AND "JWFACTS" ARE SAYING. DON'T EVER GET INVOLVED WITH JW'S. WHEN A PERSON GET'S BAPTIZED IN THAT RELIGION, YOU DEDICATE YOUR SELF TO THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY AND NOT TO GOD. THEY OWN YOU. YOU DO AND BELIEVE WHAT THEY SAY. YOU DO NOT QUESTION ANY BELIEVES [MARCH 1\06 HAS AN ARTICAL ON KEEPING SILENT.] ALSO YOU NO LONGER CAN THINK FOR YOUR SELF [JANUARY 15, 1983 "AVOID INDEPENDENT THINKING, IT IS MANIFESTED BY QUESTIONING THE COUNSEL OF THE ORGANIZATION."] YOU ARE LABELED AN APOSTATE IF YOU EVER DISAGREE WITH THE ORGANIZATION AND YOU LOSE YOUR FAMILY AND SO CALLED FRIENDS. THEY WILL VIEW YOU AS THO YOU NEVER EXISTED. THAT IS HOW BAD THAT CULT IS. YOU CAN'T GET OUT OF A CULT ALIVE AND THO THEY CAN'T LITERALLY KILL YOU, THEY WILL SPIRTUALLY. SO MANY OF US FOUND OUT TOO LATE AND LOST THOSE WE LOVE. THERE IS "NO WIN" WITH THAT ORGANIZATION. THEY TWIST EVERY THING. THE ONLY REASON SOME STAY IN THE ORGANIZATION IS BECAUSE OF THE CONSEQUENCES [LOSING THEIR FAMILY]. THEY ARE ALWAYS SAYING "THE END IS NEAR" AND JESUS SAID AT LUKE 21:8 "MANY WOULD COME ON THE BASIS OF MY NAME SAYING "THE DUE TIME HAS APPROACHED" DO NOT GO AFTER THEM." THEY HAVE PREDICTED THE END OF THE WORLD DOZENS OF TIMES AND EVEN SAID "THE CREATOR PROMISES A PEACEFULL AND NEW WORLD BEFORE THE GENERATION OF 1914 PASSES AWAY." THAT QUOTE IS FOUND ON THE INSIDE COVER OF THE AWAKE MARCH 1988 UNTIL OCTOBER 1995. SO MUCH MORE I COULD REFER YOU TOO BUT THIS IS PROBABLY LONG ENOUGH AND HOPE YOU INVESTIGATE THE CULT BEFORE YOU DO SOMETHING YOU WILL REGRET.

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

""But I am in love with someone. I am only 18 and she is 17.""

This says it all. Neither of you are mature enough to make such a life long commitment. Grow up first.

Sorry if it sounds harsh.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

As Iron Madien said: Run to the hills, run for your life! Jehovah's Witness women will screw you over for the org the first chance they get. However, don't give up hope. Ask her if she has any doubts about the religion at first. She obviously does if she's going out with you. If she does express major doubts, ask her why is she a witness, because she's just used to being one and that's all she knows or because she actually has a reason to believe that Jesus came down in 1914 invisibly? Make her think, but be VERY gentle. Remember, in the Matrix, they didn't flood Neo with all sorts of new information. That would have killed him.

• blondie38
    blondie38

run run run in the other direction don't look back keep running my step son just commited suicide because he was brought up a witness he was only 18. I'm telling you don't get involved.

• nelly136
    nelly136

welcome blondie38 thats such a shame and waste

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, blondie38. I'd love to hear your story some time.

• willy_think
    willy_think

The girl is a member of a cult. It can't be good for you to get too heavy with her, plz let this one go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit