I'm in love with a jehovas witness (plz reply to [email protected])

by Devorak 30 Replies latest social relationships

• Devorak
    Devorak

To all out there that read this forum, " I'm not a Jehovas Witness!". But I am in love with someone. I am only 18 and she is 17.

I understand because I have read much information on the internet regarding these kinds of relationships. I've read that when someone in the religion goes out with someone outside that he or she is already walking on a tightrope.

The thing is this....my girl friend is Jehovas Witness and I am Christian. I love her very much,...so much that me being a "mundano" or "non-witness", I've agreed to no sex until marraige which obviously is the way it should be. I have read on the internet that the Watchtower says those that aren't in the religion are doomed and they are a bad influence. So I've read.

I have never done anything wrong or illegal in my life, I've always followed the rules and never have I broken them. I am not uncomfortable with Jehovas Witness's, why!? Because my bestest friend in the whole world who I have had the pleasure of knowing for 10 years and have gotten the oppertunity to know his family is in fact a JW.
    Many time I go to his mom for advice as well as my own. My fathers grandmother was a JW and my mothers causin in cuba is JW. Also my fathers aunt here in florida is JW as well. I have no reason to hate or dislike the religion.

When me and her started to go out my girlfriends sister who may I say, " has never seen me, spoken to me, and much less cared about getting to know me" told her that I was going to be a little fling; that I was just using her and I was just going to get her pregnant and it wasn't going to last, etc.

This makes me angry because she doesn't know me. I believe what should be done is to have my girl friend as well as I to both explore and get to know each others religion with an open mind and an open heart. The point of doing this isn't to try and prove the other wrong over something but rather for both to find common grounds. We argue and sometimes get upset with each other but what relationship doesn't have arguments.

The point in doing this is simply to have both of us find the good in both religions and let those Witness out there that are intensly fanatics understand that it is possible to be a fine person and be in god good graces without following the dictates of the Watchtower Society in a manor that is strictly and intense.

I would love nothing in this world than to be married to her have a baby with her and take care of her. I am studying FILM in college and I understand the responsibility of a JW. But when one is given choice of going to work and make the money necessary to pay the bills, bring food to the table, keep the roof over my families head and buy the new little suites for the next time my child goes to Kingdom Hall or go the Kingdom Hall now and get a check less then the one I would have gotten then of course I choose to go to work today instead of church.

Obviously both are important. I should go to church (Kingdom Hall) assuring my spot in paradise be in good term with God (even though I already am because I strongly believe in him and his son). And it also important to go to work and provide for my family.
    But when that decision comes does church pay my bills and gets the food for my kids? No it does not!

I understand the things that I must get used to and the changes I must make as well as the changes she must make. A relationship is a team. We need to work together, think together understand together and most important we need to grow together. There is ofcourse good in Jehovas Witness but the JW must understand that there is also good outside as well. Iam not implying that they should leave the religion and I am no one of any kind at all what so ever to suggest that the watchtower should change the rules just a little.

But think about all those people whose lives can be much more easier if they can settle down with the one person that makes them feel alive. The love of they're life. They're other have and reason for being.

Please don't think of me as someone discrasefull, but simply as someone who loves someone else. I cannot see myself without this girl and she is the only one that makes me feel important. I want to make this work even if others close to me like my family don't approve. This is my life and not the watchtower or my parents if I wish to spend the rest of my life with her because I love of then by god I will.

Thank You for having an open mind and please put yourself in my position

• trevor
    trevor
    I've agreed to no sex until marraige which obviously is the way it should be.

It is not obvious to me.

How will you know if you are compatible enough to make a life long commitment? Would you agree to work for one firm for the rest of your life without a trial period? There are many things you need to learn about each other before you can consider marriage.

I hope it all works out for you.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Man, there's like one of you people every week here on the board. I was in the same position as you at one time.

Check this out:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/20/104475/1.ashx

• Es
    Es

By reading your post you come across as a very mature 18 year old, but dont forget you are only 18!!!! The things you are worrying now ie getting a job to pay for bills and suits for your kids to wear to the kingdom hall, you shouldnt be worrying about at your age.

I just felt really sorry for you while reading it, sorry that if you stay with her you will miss out on being a teenager, i missed out so I know what its like, I dont doubt your love for her one bit, but it seems your willing to give up a lot for her is she willing to give up anything for you???

Have you discussed with your family that there is a possibility you will no longer be celebrating christmas and birthdays, how do they feel about that?? How do you feel about that???

I hope it goes well for you

es

• juni
    juni

Hi Joel and welcome to the board.

I agree with you about no sex before marriage and even statistically it is shown that the divorce rate is as high w/those who have had sex before marriage. For a marriage to work, it takes continual readjusting and forgiving and maturity. Sharing the same goals is also very important. Also, you see the importance of having a good job to support a family. That's very commendable.

But....... both of you are very young. Marriage is a huge responsibility and commitment. I hope you both take time to develop your friendship before marrying. I personally know many cases where a couple married at a young age and they divorced within 3-4 years because they really weren't ready emotionally for the hard job ahead.

Juni

• Warlock
    Warlock

I'm not telling you what to do, but oil and water don't mix.

Warlock

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

lol at m.j.

Man, there's like one of you people every week here on the board.

btw: Welcome to the forum!!!

• Gerard
    Gerard

There is no easy way out for her, even if she wants out. If she was financialy independent it would be somewhat better. Fact: She is in a religious cult . You don't have to live with that.

Run. Run and don't look back.

• G Money
    G Money

Ten cuidado, son muy tramposos y poco a poco te van a engañar. Al principio, te parece bien y más pero poco a poco cambian.

Then you will think it is the right thing to leave all your friends and family as they don´t follow God and will be persuaded to sell magazines and preach instead of working full time and God will provide, however they never explain how. DONT get baptized and you´ll be ok.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

She checked herself into Hotel California so she won't be checking out anytime soon.

The manager of Hotel California runs this place that would put Stalin to shame.

pssst: Save yourself compa!!!

WAC XelderXbethelite of the can't check out yet class.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit