Is there a doctrinal change afoot in the WTBTS?

by Gill 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I must agree that something funny's going on. Look at what's happened in 2006 so far:

- Awake! goes monthly
    - Two old-time GB members die.
    - Bethel Elder arrangement eliminated
    - Bether Workers laid off
    - WT articles that seem to be preparing the R+F for change
    - A convention focussed on "Jehovah's Day"
    - A new book focussed on "Jehovah's Day"
    - Resulting paranoia among the R+F (Revelation book study rumors, last convention, armageddon coming in a few hours, etc)

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

...... our understanding of the Scriptures is bound to be refined from time to time.......

The'faithful slave' may eventually publish something that answers our questions and clears up our doubts

Yep, sounds like the bullshit machine has upped a gear and a doctrinal change, maybe a major one, is imminent. I wonder how the r & f will respond to it? Some might not tolerate it and leave, but the majority are probably too far gone to do anything but sit there and take it,

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Okay, I think I've figured out what's going on...

The FDS is selling their WT money making machine to the Catholic Religion!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

As we know, GB has the last say of whatever gets published.

With all the latest trash that has surfaced in the pubs has got me thinking as to WHO on the GB is responsible for this.

The obvous criminals are: Jaracz and his sidekick ... David Splane (assitant to Jon Barr, Overseer of Writing Dept.)

David Splane's personality is that of an authoritarian. At Bethel he would always talk about dissenters, being faithful to the f&ds.

Others on the GB:

Carey W. Barber (since 1977) poor guy needs reminders about where he is at and who he is talking to

• John E. Barr (since 1977) he sounds to nice to talk about such crap
  • Samuel Herd (since 1999) could be involved...he LOVES to hear himself talk
  • Geoffrey Jackson (since 2005) too new
  • Theodore Jaracz (since 1974) Leader
  • Stephen Lett (since 1999) charismatic type...he definately has a sincere love for Jehovah. His prayers are the most sincere. If someone dissents, it would be him.
  • Gerrit Lösch (since 1994) he is the antitypical greek prophet
  • Anthony Morris (since 2005) too new
  • Guy Pierce (since 1999) friendly kinda of fellow not likely involved
  • David Splane (since 1999) as stated above
  • Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Okay, in all seriousness, I wouldn't doubt if the change has to be the whole Wild Beast doctrine. JWs still believe that it's the UN. The whole thing about the UN NGO is still hitting the fan and splattering in the KHs. That's one thing that REALLY needs to be fixed.

How to do it and prevent more "lies and half-truths" from spreading? Make Apostates or the Internet the wild beast!

Just an idea.

Or how about fixing the whole Anointed thing? Time is running out. They need to reset the clock.

Or, go along with the Convention theme and set a new date. Better yet, announce that the battle of Armageddon has begun! And it will be completed in 2014! A brand new way to set dates!

• under_believer
    under_believer

W-A-C:
    Guy Pierce used to be my CO. He is a nice guy and a lot of people from out here really like him and have fond memories of him. He does lean pretty far to the right, as far as doctrinal positions, talks, and comments go. He's rather old school. He's also not the sharpest tool in the shed, if you get my drift--he has a very black-and-white mindset and a simplistic way of looking at the universe.
    However he was one of those rare COs that the elders all really like--and unfortunately for them he was followed up by one of those slave-driver COs that all the elders hate and can barely contain their hatred for and the publishers pick it up and dislike him too. This guy that we have now has been trying to make a name for himself and has summarily removed 20 or 30 elders out of our circuit. A real "cleaner."
    Anyways--Guy Pierce--not a bad guy.

• blondie
    blondie

I just think that the natives are getting restless. Some are just disappearing. Others stay and don't put time in, attend many meetings, and never donate. The WTS has to come up with a reason makes it someone else's fault. About every 5 to 6 years the WTS has an obedient/submissive set of articles...usually because the elders are lax.

Blondie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
  • Stephen Lett (since 1999) charismatic type...he definately has a sincere love for Jehovah. His prayers are the most sincere. If someone dissents, it would be him.
  • Agree with that WAC. He was our CO in the 80's. I loved the guy. I could see him taking the "Ray Franz chair" if anyone does. Trouble is, he is so roboticized, like we all were, that I doubt it.

Jeff

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

"Then let us not be impatient. The'faithful slave' may eventually publish something that answers our questions and clears up our doubts."

*** w81 12/1 p. 27 par. 2 The Path of the Righteous Does Keep Getting Brighter ***

2 However, it may have seemed to some as though that path has not always gone straight forward. At times explanations given by Jehovah’s visible organization have shown adjustments, seemingly to previous points of view. But this has not actually been the case. This might be compared to what is known in navigational circles as “tacking.” By maneuvering the sails the sailors can cause a ship to go from right to left, back and forth, but all the time making progress toward their destination in spite of contrary winds. And that goal in view for Jehovah’s servants is the “new heavens and a new earth” of God’s promise.—2 Pet. 3:13.

Yes, the organization is just tacking. Sometimes it tacks right back to the starting point! Isn't that just another way of going nowhere?

Dave (still a primate, but I don't need no education)

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    usually because the elders are lax.

Very true. In a conversation I had with a C.O. he mentioned that specifically!!! Without the Elders pushing their agenda their is NO ONE ELSE!

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit