Is there a doctrinal change afoot in the WTBTS?

by Gill 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gill
    Gill

Is the WTBTS preparing the R and F for a large doctrinal change?

The July 15th Watchtower is dealing with Murmuring?

Article 1 - 'Keep Free from Murmurings'

Subheadings 'An Evil Assembly Murmurs Against Jehovah'

Mumuring In the First Century

Beware of the Corrosive Influence of Murmuring

Look at Things From Jehovah's Point of View

Forgiveness Promotes Unity

The next study article is 'Focus On The Goodness of Jehovah's Organization'

The subheadings are: 'Grateful for Those Taking the Lead'

'Those Taking the Lead are Imperfect'

'The Speech Is Shocking' Paragraph 14 under this subheading says;

'In Modern times, a very small number among God's people have become disgruntled with some aspect of Christian teaching and have mumured against the earthly part of Jehovah's Organization. Why does this happen? Such murmuring is often caused by lack of understanding of God's way of doing things. The Creator progressively reveals the truth to his people. Hence, our understanding of the Scriptures is bound to be refined from time to time. The vast majority of Jehovah's people rejoice over such refinements. A few become 'righteous overmuch' and resent the changes. Pride may play a role, and some fall into the trap of independent thinking. Whatever the reason, such murmuring is hazardous, since it can draw us back into the world and its ways.'

Paragraph 16, under the same subheading says:

'What if we are tempted to murmur because of having doubts about certain teachings that jehovah's people hold in common? Then let us not be impatient. The'faithful slave' may eventually publish something that answers our questions and clears up our doubts. It is wise to seek the help of Christian elders. Prayer, personal study and association with spiritually minded fellow believers can also help to remove doubts and can deepten our appreciation for the faith strengthening Bible truths we have learned through Jehovah's channel of communication.'

There may be a change afoot. I wonder if there will be any murmurings?!

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Sounds like they are laying the foundation to strengthen the disfellowshipping criteria for dissension.

• Gill
    Gill

Mad Tiger - It does a bit, doesn't it!

Somethings brewing and 'Mama' don't like it!

• luna2
    luna2

Well, that kind of junk has worked for them for a long, long time. I was certainly caught up in it and was willing to blame myself for "not understanding properly" and getting depressed over the things that no longer made sense to me. I'm just grateful that I had someone to discuss these things with and we were able to work our way out of the brainwashing.

They're either going for another big change, or they're trying to stem the tide of criticism over past changes and present stagnancy. Maybe this also relates to the Bethel downsizing. They have to know that kicking a bunch of long-time bethelites out into the cold, cold world might backfire. These people are not used to fending for themselves and if they don't figure out how to do so and expect the congregations to support them, a lot of people could be very unhappy.

• zagor
    zagor

Well considering that thousands have to leave bethel homes I'm not surprised a bit they've came up with those articles. Its like a chess game (not that GB would ever play it, lol) So when some of those disposable pawns start murmuring they can be easily sacrificed on altar of WTBS without GB&WTBS needing to answer any questions even if they are legitimate. I'd say, a clever move.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Except, zagor, in the larger game of life, the pawns ARE the power. Democracies have learned this or perish. Regular people have power.

I feel sick. I might accidentally 'destroy' several of my JW hubby's magazines next month.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I can sort of recall a similar article not that long before the "this generation" change. It does sound like the Tower is in preperation mode. We will have to wait and see I guess. I hope it is another big change so the r&f can tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine! Ooops! Did I say that?

• zagor
    zagor

jgnat, I do agree with you .... but...jdubs do not live in democracy but "theocracy" whatever that means. In fact they are apparently proud of it. By the time most of them realize the power of true democracy (or even the true meaning of it) a life will pass them by. So they are, for a lack of a better word "disposable pawns" which is very well illustrated with constantly refined and “perfected” disfellowshipping policies of WTBS.

• James Free
    James Free
    The'faithful slave' may eventually publish something that answers our questions and clears up our doubts.

Hmm, that old lie. The 'faithful slave' publishes nothing at all, is not consulted at all - DOES NOT EXERCISE ANY POWER over the 'belongings' in any way!

How come it took me so many years to see that blindingly obvious fact?

• jgnat
    jgnat

BUT, zagor, even totalitarian states eventually feel the wrath of the common people. It simply takes longer and is catastrophic.

Catastrophic. What a lovely word.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit