You Libs keep 'dancing around the issue'

by Shining One 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

trevor:

Shining one,

For someone who appears to have so much respect for unborn babies you worship a incredibly immoral god!

From Rex's point of view, that's not possible. His morals come from his god, and everything his god does or orders is, by definition, moral. Everything his god condemns is, by the same definition, immoral. And of course, anything in the bible, by definition comes from his god and is therefore moral.

Perhaps the only thing more pathetic than Rex's primitive approach to morality is his vilification of those who uses the same spurious method to obtain moral guidance, but for geographical or cultural reasons, slavishly obey a different ancient text.

• trevor
    trevor

Well put - funky Derek

I struggle to see how shining one/Rex can insist that humans would act in a less humane way without a universal code of guidance from a murderous tribal god.

It seems that the imitation of the tribal god of the Bible is in some ways to blame for mans cruelty. Man has been able to carry out atrocities and claim they are done in the name of this god, as he is portrayed by his inventors as a god of war and vengeance who approves of such conduct.

I am not without belief, I just don’t subscribe to the same low morality that Rex does. That is why I could never accept his idea of a god as moral.

• Shining One
    Shining One

>no actually, rex, i quite enjoy being amoral and godless.

Line up the pros and cons when you consider the possible damage to your body and psyche (and the bodies/psyches of others) which may lead you to an early death. Your statements are not consistent with a rational outlook of the world. What you seem to be saying is that one of the gnostic philosophies is your belief. Bacchnalia (What you do with your body does not matter since it is evil) lead Alexander the Great, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and millions of others to an early death. If you are not going to come around to a solid belief system at least pick one that is consistent with long life and harmony with nature.
    Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

Steven,
    >Hey strawman, strawman here: If you met a woman who stated " If a get pregnant, I will abort", would you sterilize her?

False Dilemma - Two choices are given when in actuality there could be more choices possible....I could kill her, for instance. But the more I think about it, a prevention of pregnancy by any means is not an abortion. I don't agree with the Catholic church on their stand on birth control.
    Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

No relevance to the question.

• Shining One
    Shining One

• Shining One
    Shining One

• Shining One
    Shining One

• Shining One
    Shining One

>Good point - Religions don't bring along any freedom whatsoever, as history well testifies. Even in this day and age religious people often have constantly present fears, fear of hell, fear of judgment day, fear of Armageddon, fear to displease god. Yes fear everywhere so they can hardly speak to be free in the sense of words spoken by Jesus "the truth will set you free", Truth does set you free but if you have those ever present fears then you are hardly free. Even this thread in its undercurrent attempts stressing 'awareness' of law and punishment even though it doesn't say so explicitly No point at all. Also, your post has more logical errors than I care to point out. Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

MKR,
    Have you thought of pursuing some counseling? You seem to be awfully hostile. Before you crack all the way open like a goonie-bird egg in a freezer, why not go out and get some exercise, maybe hit a punching bag. Have you ever done a 'primal scream'? Roger Waters of Pink Floyd did a great one on 'Careful with that Axe, Eugene'.
    Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit