You Libs keep 'dancing around the issue'

by Shining One 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Shining One
    Shining One

T.S.
    >okay rex, technically, i agree with you. if morals are relative, and do not exist somewhere out there in the universe apart from ourselves, then all law is relative, including any laws that benefit large groups of homo sapiens trying to make their way through life by guessing. if there is no god(s), or a big old stone tablet in the sky with morals and laws chiseled into it, then there is nothing wrong with killing someone else, including a baby, except to those who *choose* to decide that these things are "wrong", AND those who, like you, feel that morals exist outside of ourselves.
    At least you are consistent. You now have a big reason to believe in God. Now, do you have the courage to carry this to the next step in spiritual growth? It's worth taking the chance on being hurt again....
    Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

>LET ME SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU!
    Speak on.
    LAWS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH UNIVERSAL,ABSOLUTE,DEVINE, TRUTH! LAWS HAVE TO DO WITH WHAT THE PEOPLE OR PERSON IN POWER THINK IS RIGHT! PURE AND F*#$ING SIMPLE YOU NIMROD!
    Show me the errors in my thinking.
    >Now stop starting new threads about this! Damn!
    Uh......NOOOOOO. Perhaps you will go away or quit reading my posts? Is this post an esample of your brain power? LOL Have a nice day, moron.
    Rex

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

Rule us oh Lord. Show us the way. Oh wait... what if you are wrong?

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Shining One is not your thinking abit like believing in evolution and then saying "well as long as I can get away with it I'll kill so and so for there is no one else to answer to except my contemparies who think different to me"

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Shining One: The sooner you accept the fact that not everyone in the world is going to beleive the same things you do the sooner you can get on with your life. Assuming you have one.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    You now have a big reason to believe in God.

no actually, rex, i quite enjoy being amoral and godless. it's not for everyone, but i am liberated. you assume that i would want to have consistent, universal and "good" morals spelled out for me, and that i want to be a "good" person. but i don't.

TS

• zagor
    zagor
    no actually, rex, i quite enjoy being amoral and godless. it's not for everyone, but i am liberated. You assume that i would want to have consistent, universal and "good" morals spelled out for me, and that i want to be a "good" person. but i don't.

Good point - Religions don't bring along any freedom whatsoever, as history well testifies. Even in this day and age religious people often have constantly present fears, fear of hell, fear of judgment day, fear of Armageddon, fear to displease god. Yes fear everywhere so they can hardly speak to be free in the sense of words spoken by Jesus "the truth will set you free", Truth does set you free but if you have those ever present fears then you are hardly free. Even this thread in its undercurrent attempts stressing 'awareness' of law and punishment even though it doesn't say so explicitly

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

God your an idiot...

My argument is that the creator sets the absolutes and we can see that they do exist,

Where? When? How do we see! Some dipshit (like yourself) wrote a book that says what HIS opinion of morality was 3500 years ago... My point is WHO F*CKING CARES! His morality was based on his opinions at the time! Our morality is based on our opinions now and COMPLETLY different! The fact that the morality has CHANGED shows that it's not absolute! I don't know why I belabor this as your obviously too mentaly enfebled to understand.... I'll try to make it simpler...

Your opinion is that abortion is wrong wrong wrong... The f*cktard from 3500 years ago sacrificed children to idols! Took live babies, babies who were not just viable but were already f*cking BORN and tossed them in the freaking fireplace!! Your pos god (the bible god) advocated bashing children's heads against rocks! Now jump forward to today. Would you advocate smashing all the babies of Hindu's, Jews, Shiites, Muslims etc... collective heads against the round till their brains gooshed out? Would you say that what those american "warriors" in Iraq who killed that family did is wrong? YOUR god commanded the israelites to kill EVERYONE in the lands they conquered! EVERYONE! Would you condone that action today? No you would say that is sick and wrong! BECAUSE THE STANDARD OF TRUTH AND MORALITY HAS CHANGED! You disagree with the book written by your own god! In another 2000 years your descendants will disagree with what you believe TODAY! If truth was universal it WOULD NEVER CHANGE yet it ALWAYS DOES! That is PROOF that there is NO universal truth! Show me ONE just ONE truth that has ALWAYS been held and we will talk until then please do the world a favor and break all you fingers so you can't type this garbage anymore!

YOU HAVE NO ARGUMENT YOU ARE MERELY SUFFERING FROM DIAREAH OF THE MIND!

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Rex, you didn't answer my second strawman question.

steve

• acadian
    acadian
    If truth was universal it WOULD NEVER CHANGE yet it ALWAYS DOES!

Jump off a cliff, and come back and tell us if that universal truth changed. Did you fly or fall...? Sorry... just being silly... LOL I don't even know what you guy's are talking about, what's the issue that's being danced around? Acadian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit