You Libs keep 'dancing around the issue'

by Shining One 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Shining One
    Shining One

Since so many of you keep avoiding the primary issue in two other threads, chew on this one! Terry said this:
    >LIFE is at the basis of reality for humans. What enhances and improves our life is the core of our morality; the core of our LAW.
    Really, then how can it be 'moral' to abort a premature baby of say, 3 months, 6 months or almost due and partially birth him/her as you kill it? If that is 'moral' then what about just dumping them in the trash can, after all it is a woman's right now to kill any life within her if she so chooses? Why should that few inches from womb to exit make any difference? Why is it 'immoral' to execute a murderer but not 'immoral' to abort a baby (a typical liberal belief contradiction)? I remember the 60's and 70's well. This kind of thing was practically unheard of and now it is ROUTINE. Society is on the downward grade and just like Rome, this civilization is headed for a fall.

Again I ask, if their is no absolute truth then how can you justify any law? How can there be any moral law when you refuse to admit there must be a Divine Arbiter to set that moral law? I have just used one of the same examples again to help you recognize (and admit the validity of) the point.
    Rex

• OpenFireGlass
  • free2beme
    free2beme

A conservative accepts the Death Penalty, a liberal does not.

A liberal accepts abortion, a conservative does not.

Who is the more hypocrite? The one who allows an unwanted child to be raised in an environment that is proven to spawn a higher crime rate, that leads to crimes that warrant the death penalty, or the one who allows it to never happen?

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

I must be a liberal conservative because I do not like abortion or the death penalty.

Although if I had to choose as to which one I would tolerate first it would be the death penalty because I have a hard time condoning the killing of an innocent child in or out of the womb at least with the death penalty presumably the person has gone through some form of due process that determined he was guilty of a crime deserving of death. But truthfully, I would like to see both abortion and the death penalty done away with.

Jeff S.

www.catholicxjw.com

• Spectre
    Spectre

Someone needs to stop getting all their info from Sean Hannity.

• under_believer
    under_believer

You pick a lot of fights.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Unfortunately abortion is a cruelty that would require unenforceable laws to prevent it. Morning after pill seems least objectionable. Partial birth abortion appears to be rather heinous.

The state should offer incentives such as monetary compensation to a mother who decides NOT to abort her baby.

Wouldn't all mothers claim they will abort their infant just to get benefits? Not likely. But so what. Isn't it worth it?

I am against capital punishment but I believe it is the right of a person with a terminal illness to decide on a dignified exit.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Really, then how can it be 'moral' to abort a premature baby of say, 3 months, 6 months or almost due and partially birth him/her as you kill it?

You're using a strawman. Terry is speaking of improving the quality of life for society as a whole--not for the lives of each particular individual. In other words, it's a quality over quantity sort of thing. If you really think limiting the birth rate is something taking away from the quality of life, I suggest you take a trip through Ethiopia, or perhaps Indonesia.

You cannot legitimately deny that society creates pressures upon the individual to conform to societal standards. The pressure from the group does not imply existence of a God.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Again I ask, if their is no absolute truth then how can you justify any law?

You're not serious, are you? Have you ever heard of the term "arbitrary?" Laws are arbitrarily made by men. The justification is only as valid as the men backing the law.

Now, I pose a question for you. Suppose, for the sake of argument, that there is something called "absolute truth." Perhaps you should define what you mean by the term. If, however, you mean that there exists something which is in every way, shape, and form the essence of correctness, of what relevance is this to you and me? After all, we view the world through a filtered lens of subjectiveness. Once you begin to argue that you have absolute truth, you will forget that your perceptions are, just that, perceptions. The tighter you try to grasp the truth you seek, the more askew, closed-minded, and ironically enough, incorrect you will become.

Let me attempt to use an analogy to help you see my point. I can argue that the universe was created 3 seconds ago, along with all our memories, our physiologies, our world. You cannot logically disprove this. However, if this were to be true, of what relevance would it be?

• metatron
    metatron

The Roman empire lasted for about a thousand years. During much of that time, they killed off unwanted babies by dumping them

on local garbage heaps. Not a pretty picture, but these ideas about 'our civilization collapsing' because of abortion are naive.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit