Does the Rainbow Covenant Disprove the Flood?

by Severus 108 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Schizm
    Schizm
    You can't assume that your interpretation is correct due to bearing some similarity to another morality tale in the same book.

Sure I can. Why not?

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

I don't understand the reason for this thread. How does the a rainbow disprove the flood? What evidence do you have or what is your arguement for this? You explain how light is divided through water droplets and then present some quotations about the flood and the rainbow, but I fail to see a disproving of it. Sorry.

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

I don't understand the reason for this thread. How does the a rainbow disprove the flood? What evidence do you have or what is your arguement for this? You explain how light is divided through water droplets and then present some quotations about the flood and the rainbow, but I fail to see a disproving of it. Sorry.

I agree. God has kept his promise.

blessedstar

• gumby
    gumby

Schizm ol buddy...I've been wondering if you was still alive since your such an old bastard. Glad to see your still alive and well. I started a nutsac shinning buisness since you were gone and I'll give you one if you behave.

Schizm is right, an earthwide flood would have killed all vegetation/trees.....yet today we have trees older than the flood, we also have writings during/before/after the flood with no mention of anyone seeing a boat drifting past their window with an old man and 7 others and a buncha nastyass animals onboard.

• Schizm
    Schizm

There's an article on Raymond Franz' site regarding the Flood. I thought the following excerpt was especially interesting, because it backs up what I've been saying in this thread.

For a local flood to last more than a few hours or days there would have to be an enclosed region.... http://www.commentarypress.com/essay-flood.html

Yes, the region had to be "enclosed" in order to make possible a regional flood. And so how would God go about enclosing such "region"? It seems reasonable to assume that God chose to use the same method that he would later use to control the waters at the Red Sea in Moses' day.

• Schizm
    Schizm

Click here to see the picture Gumby tried to post: http://the-jazzman.com/elephants4/noahs_ark.gif

I suppose the reason it didn't work for you, Gumfart, is because it's animated.

I think the board would like to learn more about your "nutsac shinning buisness". Like, do you use an electrically powered polishing machine, something like one would use to polish a car? If so, then what type of wax do you apply before polishing? I would certainly hope that it wouldn't be a type that would be in conflict with my body chemistry. Would it be possible to try it out on just a small area of the body first, like the little toe, as a test.

• gumby
    gumby

It's a chocolate wax I use that I order through unclebruce Schizm. ...usually two coats. No trial needed as I've have no call backs.

About my pic of the ark, ....I see it fine on my post. Perhaps that yardsale demunized computor of yours won't let you see it.

...and, I didn't say you got a buffing coming either!...only if your kind for like 3 days in a row. I got my standards ya know!....sheesh!

Gumbagbuffer

• Schizm
    Schizm

Oh goodie! Is the one you use like this one? It has one of those really soft pads.

I can't make up my mind whether I want the "Chocolate Wax" you get from Uncle Wallaby Bruce, or the "Girl Wax". Then again, the "Diamond Wax" sounds appropriate. Do you think you could gimme a "Diamond Wax" job, that is, if I do pass the test of having been a good boy for two more days?

Girl Wax

Chocolate Wax

Diamond Wax

Lucky Wax Green/Red

Do you have one of these also, and know how to use it properly?

Hint: It's not a toothbrush, in case that's what you were a thinkin'. It's to be used before the buffing.

<--- Girl Wax

<--- Chocolate Wax

<--- Diamond Wax

<--- Lucky Wax (green)

• gumby
    gumby
    Do you think you could gimme a "Diamond Wax" job, that is, if I do pass the test of having been a good boy for two more days?

Hmmmm....well....a.....a, Ok!

The diamond wax is a high sheen look that if'n yer sunbathin, the glare off yer nutsack can just about blind people, so I hope you ain't a nudeist kinda guy. Most people go with the chocolate one cuz it smells real good, but I can do the diamond wax. I may hafta charge like 5 bucks or sumthin cuz it's a bit spendier.

We better get back to the flood ...or the thread owners gonna get pissed. Keep bein good buddy. Yer already impressin me.

Gumwaxer

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

In the account of the Jews entering the promised land, God forgave the Israelites at Gilgal.

According to the story, God "Rolled Away" the error of the nation. Anybody can find out that there are hundreds of sites from that time where twelve standing stones were placed, and they were all called Gilgal.

I suggest that God simply gave a new significance to an already common place name.

To suggest that water droplets did not break up sunlight before the flood is nonsense. I suggest that the rainbow was simply given a new significance.

I hesitate to include arguments about the polar ice cores, the runaway greenhouse effect before the flood, the fact that Genesis says it did not rain PRIOR to the existence of vegetation, the nitrogen cycle requiring the action of direct sunlight on water to produce ions before a thunderstorm and the accompanying rain, and the other proofs that the flood story can only be a parable of divine deliverance borrowed from the Babylonians.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit