Does the Rainbow Covenant Disprove the Flood?

by Severus 108 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sinis
    sinis

Flood the earth?! So where did the five times more water then is presently on the planet all go - space?

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

What I want to know is how in the heck did Noah get all of those animals onto that little boat? huh? There are millions and millions of species of animals in the world and you expect me to believe that he got 2 of EVERY animal in the world up there? I never had any trouble believing that until I took Biology in high school and actually learned something.

I asked my mom about this once and she just referred me to the story of Jesus feeding the crowds...gee...thanks mom....that makes so much more sense.

luv, jojo

• kid-A
    kid-A

"Well condition before flood definetly was different. When ppl could live meny hundred years. Who knows how long could lizards live. Nobody actyally does not know limit of size of lizard if it could frow for very long period. Seems like lizard size is proportional to it's age. So... yes, actually conditions befor flood was very good for growth and reproduction for both - fauna, flora, humans." Wow Shazard, thanks for clearing that up for us! Just curious where you received your doctoral degree in paleobiology from? Or was it AWAKE University? If anyone doubts the veracity of the above statements, just ask these two fellows below, they are about as real as the flood account too and equally entertaining! LOL

• Spectrum
  • daystar
    daystar

Shazard

And who sayed that parameters of the world can't be changed by it's creator?

Are you suggesting that it had never, ever rained prior to the flood? Or are you suggesting that the prismatic effect did not exist prior to the flood?

• mdb
    mdb

Spectrum,

Assuming they are accurate.

?

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I thought this thread was about answering a simple Q which was does the rainbow disprove the flood - not a debate on whether a flood happened at all. Also, everyone is entitled to their own opinion about the flood - I don't see why some people have to insinuate that others are stupid for believing in the flood account. Or, to Question someone elses education level or where they learned their facts. There are some very intelligent people in the world who believe there was a flood, some believe it was earthwide, others believe in one large area that affected those God wanted removed from the earth. Either way, we could listen to others opinions without resorting to putting them down, I mean really, isn't that kind of childish? I thought there have been some good answers thus far.

• under_believer
    under_believer

Hey Shazard, don't get me wrong, here, I'm not attacking you, but why in the hell are you talking about lizards?

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I've never even thought that rainbows would not have happened before the flood.. I always read it that God was promising not to flood the entire earth again and used a common phenomenon to symbolise the covenant.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Q,

Excellent thought. So God was saying as long as there are rainbows (forever), I will keep my promise not to flood the earth again? That makes sense, you proved there is more than one way to look at things. Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit