WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE/WORST STUDY BOOK?

by badboy 55 Replies latest jw friends

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

I agree with the other posters. I actually enjoyed the Daniel book for the most part, but I was losing interest fast half way through Isa 1, and Isa 2 books. Lord of the rings were more believable.

• blondie
    blondie

Worst: Babylon the Great book

Most tolerable: Greatest Man book

• luna2
    luna2

When did they start studying the Isaiah book? I may have bugged out before they got to that one.

As for the Daniel book, it could have been our conductor who made it so crappy. I'm remembering now that he had a whole list of his own questions that we weren't prepared for. lol

• Honesty
    Honesty

Crises of Conscience

Oh, you mean Watchtower book?

They were all about the same to me.

....proved they were being loyal to the Faithful Discreet Slave ...proved they were being loyal to the Faithful Discreet Slave...proved they were being loyal to the Faithful Discreet Slave...proved they were being loyal to the Faithful Discreet Slave...proved they were being loyal to the Faithful Discreet Slave...proved they were being loyal to the Faithful Discreet Slave...proved they were being loyal to the Faithful Discreet Slave..proved they were being loyal to the Faithful Discreet Slave...proved they were being loyal to the Faithful Discreet Slave...proved they were being loyal to the Faithful Discreet Slave...proved they were being loyal to the Faithful Discreet Slave...proved they were being loyal to the Faithful Discreet Slave...proved they were being loyal to the Faithful Discreet Slave...proved they were being loyal to the Faithful Discreet Slave...proved they were being loyal to the Faithful Discreet Slave...proved they were being loyal to the Faithful Discreet Slave...proved they were being loyal to the Faithful Discreet Slave...proved they were being loyal to the Faithful Discreet Slave...proved they were being loyal to the Faithful Discreet Slave...proved they were being loyal to the Faithful Discreet Slave...yawn yawn yawn.

• Balsam
    Balsam

(1) Babylon the Great has Fallen

(2) Ezekiel Book

(3) Revelation Book

All of those books that tried to bend them to fit the future or present was just terrible to wade through.

Greatest Man book was the most tolerable. Mankinds Search For God book was actually interesting and I liked it best of all, though it is very biased.

• sir82
    sir82

Hands down, the 2 (most recent) Isaiah books.

Week after week, for more than a year, "We, the Governing body, are the fulfillment of every single word uttered by Isaiah. We were freed from captivity in 1919, we are impeccable, we are spiritually clean, blah blah blah...." The worst part was, if you covered the info at a reasonable speed, say, at a 5th grade reading level, you'd cover the week's lesson in 10 minutes, 15 tops. But you had to somehow drag it out for an hour, week after week after week after week after week....more than year. Ugh.

• Mary
    Mary

Without a doubt, the old Babylon the Great Has Fallen was THE most boring book in the history of mankind. And I remember studying it in the days before they had a guide as to how many paragraphs you were supposed to do. My bookstudy conductor was the slowest guy on the planet and I remember doing no more than 3 or 4 paragraphs in an hour. And then he'd go overtime.

The stupidest book was the Revelation Climax book. Nothing made any sense and was more confusing that the book of Revelation itself.

I liked studying the Trinity brochure as that's one of the few things that they taught that I actually believed.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I agree, the Isaiah books where really terrible. It's funny how the society almost tried to write a bible commentary with those, but that in the end they really couldn't so instead we just ended up with a hodge podge of junk. Amazing when you think of it. Especially all of the dubs that complained because it was to "deep". Why is trying to make ever verse in Isaiah refer to your "divinely appointed" organization "deep"?

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Making your Family Life Happy

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I suffered through all three times we went through the Revelation book. Ugh. The best one (or most tolerable) was The Greatest Man book.

I heard about the Babylon book (before my time) and the Isaiah books (after my time) being worse than the Revelation books. I'd say I nicely slipped between the cracks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit