WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE/WORST STUDY BOOK?

by badboy 55 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

wHICH ONES DID YOU HATE AND WHICH ONES DID YOU LIKE OUT OF THE STUDY BOOKS?

• greendawn
    greendawn

I wouldn't know because I hardly ever attended them, going to two meetings per week at the KH was already too much given the mind numbingly boring material covered there.

• luna2
    luna2

Daniel book really, really sucked. None of it made sense. I can remember everybody sitting there in stupified silence, unable (or unwilling) to attempt to answer the questions. It was a good thing the elder-in-charge had coached his family so he could just call on them when nobody else raised their hand as it would have looked funny if he'd answered all the questions himself.

Of course, part of the problem was the overheated room...it made everybody so sleepy that we were all practically sliding off our comfy metal folding chairs.

Book I liked? I can't recall. The Revelation Dumbass book had lots of cool pictures and charts at least.

• The Lone Ranger
  • The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

Actually I thought the Daniel book was OK, but without a doubt the biggest piece of rubbish I was ever expected to read and believe was the Isaiah Books! …Yes, 2 of them! Seemed like they would never end, they just explained the verses' any which way they liked and we were expected to believe it. I was continually asking myself “Where did they get this rubbish from?”

• damselfly
    damselfly

I don't remember the Daniel book - maybe I was already out by then?

I detested the Revelation book that we studied twice!! Mind numblingly boring.
    Our bookstudy was small, there was 9 children, 2 babies and maybe 10 adults if everybody came. No one wanted to comment so the conductor would just randomly call on you. Try asking a child to explain who the whore of babylon is.

Dams

• KW13
    KW13

"is there a Creator who cares about you" was the worst book in the world, i would come home from school and then launched into things about cells, hairy monkey's and things.

The easiest and probably most fun was the greatest man book.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Anything regarding the transfusion issue. I mean that went on for weeks - twisting Scripture anyway they could to justify their actions.

I guess you could say they bled that issue to death!

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Actually I thought the Daniel book was OK, but without a doubt the biggest piece of rubbish I was ever expected to read and believe was the Isaiah Books! …Yes, 2 of them! Seemed like they would never end, they just explained the verses' any which way they liked and we were expected to believe it. I was continually asking myself “Where did they get this rubbish from?” lone ranger I totally agree with that sentence(hope you dont mind me nicking it..lol).I stopped going as we did one of the Isaiah books..i forget if it was vol1 or 2(it all seemed the same to me and went on forever!!)..it was 2003 though and i remember thinking to myself if this isnt made up then im a dutchmans uncle. the Daniel book was very interesting as im interested in history..but again everything that was part of the prophecy is totally and utterly crow barred in to fit the Witness view of things. I still cant believe i used to swallow all that rubbish.

• lucky
    lucky

my favorites were mankind's search for god and the greatest man. The second time through the revelation book was pretty tortuous. I remember trying to decide whether or not I should get a new book for the second time through - if I didn't, at least it would look like it was studied when I hadn't studied. If I did, I would have a whole new fresh surface for doodling the time away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit