The bomb scare - Convention

by KW13 47 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

The way things are people can overreact to abandoned bags, someone that forgot something unwittingly causes a security scare. I remember this happened in Nice airport as we were getting out and we had to wait for 40 minutes as the bag eventually got blown by security.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Has this thing happened in USA?

• Highlander
    Highlander

Has this thing happened in USA? Soon. Very Soon....

• blondie
    blondie

There was a bomb scare in the US (Arizona) and Italy at the DCs.

Can't remember the exact year but was within the last 5 to 10 years.

8-21-99: Bomb threat at Russian convention

Blondie

Addition: It was a circuit assembly in Rome in 2005 http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/?p=163&cp=1

• KW13
    KW13
    Soon. Very Soon....

ah, a prophecy

• blondie
    blondie

There was also a bomb scare at a Michigan convention fairly recently.

In no way do I support the concept of bombing anything, including conventions of JWs. Bomb threats are no joke, it is a serious crime; and I support the legal system throwing the book at anyone who makes such a threat...let alone carry it out.

Blondie

• freetosee
    freetosee

JW-Cartoon.gif True bomb threats are very serious crimes, especially aimed at soft targets. Neither JW nor others should be threatened with this. But I must admit that I wouldn’t be surprised if someone blows up the governing body at one of their sessions or I wouldn’t be very sad, thinking of the damage they do. However that wouldn’t make it right. Freetosee

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

If there is anyone out there with the technical expertise (and nothing to lose) to pull off the unthinkable it would be me.Violence is usually the last refuge of the incompetent,moreover the last thing i want to do to the Watchtower leaders is to make martyr's out of them.

The pen (keystroke) is mightier than the sword,we wack on the web.-Danny Haszard

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

I still have my bookbag and briefcase.

What to do with them???

I know I'll leave them at the District convention for someone else to use.

I'll even throw in some electronic gadgets to help the poor bros and sistas.

Now if everyone would pitch in what a grand arrangement this would be.

• LDH
    LDH

And you could feel the WitThink kicking in, couldn't you?

"Is it our time?"

"Will we be martyred for the Good News!"

"I will die TRIUMPHANT worshipping Jehovah!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit