The bomb scare - Convention

by KW13 47 Replies latest jw friends

• under_believer
    under_believer

What I heard wasn't that they were holding their Bibles up, it was that all their heads were looking down at their Bibles on their laps, and the "niles" (remember it was an Aussie dude giving the talk) flew right over everyone's heads and embedded in the back wall.

• KW13
    KW13

wow, i've heard this story too but i note how they drew away from the death but rather on the saving to then validate all else.

as ballistic said, this guy died and his family won't see how Jehovah is the great saviour.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I haven't read all replies, but this happened in Fort Worth in approx 93. not sure how many knew about the bomb scare, as it was not announced.(yes, believe it or not, there was a bomb scare and the attendents and big shots knew but a decision was made it was a hoax and no one was told) apparently it was hoax, as not bomb went off.

• KW13
    KW13

Who makes them decisions, thats just bad...i'd not like to decide if people have a chance to live or not.

• wednesday
    wednesday

groups of elders, people in charge of important stuff , as they say. This was pre way 9-11, as you know. So it was assumed to be a apostate thing( they get blamed for things they don't do, like the bomb going off under the podium, heard it was apostates, turns out to be a disgrunted spouse)

• KW13
    KW13

Yeh, i remember wondering where these apostates were...the invisible enemy lol.

• jemba
    jemba

The Wayville Showgrounds Adelaide South Australia had a number of bomb-scares in the early 90's. I used to pray for them. It was always far more exciting for a kid to get to stand around and talk bomb threats than sit in an airless 'shed' listening to the same old dribble.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

From a random google I found this thread.....

LOL... I was there and it was someone from our cong. A study. He studied with my dad and a local elder. He was a bit dumb but friendly enough... the kind that studies with JW's. His name was Brian (never became a JW) and he asked that nobody mention it in the KH, he was very embarassed.

He played the guitar and was a bit toooo laid back. He left his briefcase in one of those rooms where the dudes with 'privelages' hang out and show off.... like the cleaner team... "blue for the loo, pink for the sink"...

He left it there by accident, typical of him. I think the elder he went with had one of those boxes and took him with him for the morning session. Anyhooo..... nearly 20 years ago now so what does it matter ? A decent 'blast' from the past though, following a google search whilst procrastinating.

Nobody was hurt or killed. There was no reading of the bible either, but they did ask one half of the stadium to leave and the side with the bomb was asked to stay. Caused lots of curiosity and a little but of "wf?"

I never understood why they evacuated only half, I assume it was advice from the police.

Mamba

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit