The bomb scare - Convention

by KW13 47 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

i just don't imagine the Society giving any such ones any acknowledgement.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

There was a bunch of "Good Old Boys" who shot up a Koran, put a bomb belt on a Koran, and other similar stuff, and posted the results on the web; I think they called themselves "Team Infidel". With all the people here wanting to see NWTs blown up, perhaps some enterprising gun-nut could organise an Apostofest for "Team Apostate", where similar recreational activities could be enjoyed. Photos from the event could then be sent to the Dub(s) of choice and posted on the net.

• juni
    juni

Not to make light of the subject as it is a criminal act, but finding an abandoned briefcase at a JW assembly is like finding an abandoned loaf of bread at a bread factory.

They would have to scan everyone coming in and even then you wouldn't be safe. It's too easy to come and go at these assemblies.

Juni

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I remember at a Sydney, Australia convention at the SCG. We were sitting up in the high seats. One of the girls with us went to go to the bathroom. There was a brother guarding the stairwell and sent her back to her seat. Weird...

The talk finished and an announcement was made that everyone sitting in our part of the stadium was to be evacuated. Well people started getting the hell out of there as fast as they could. Being at the top it was a slow process to get down. By the time we got down there we were told it was too late and we were directed to go and sit in the very far corner. There was about 30 of us in total.

Someone had left a parcel lying around and the bomb squad had been called in. I tell you we were pretty nervous being the only ones left sitting there! Every one was just staring at the tiny group still left sitting there. It was horrible.

P.S. it wasn't a bomb.

• KW13
    KW13
    They would have to scan everyone coming in and even then you wouldn't be safe. It's too easy to come and go at these assemblies.

Yes, very true and despite any measures taking, you just gotta become an "interested one".

Awful story misspeaches, i can imagine how you felt

• Simon
    Simon

It's easy to get into an assembly or anywhere else after that. If an attendant challenges you, simply get in their face and mumble "f.... off" (or words to that effect) and they back right off in shock*

What a well trained bunch they are !

*We were at the NyNex arena when Angharad was heavily pregnant (gave birth the next week). Because they refused to pay to put the air con / fans on we went for a walk and she sat on an emtpy chair on the concourse during the sessions. Up rushes zealot attendant to tell us that the chair that my (did I mention heavily pregnant?) wife was sat on was for the use of ATTENDANTS ONLY.

"F*** Off asshole" I said. And he did.

On the way back I thought it was best to take the lift to the lower level instead of the 50+ hard steep concrete steps.

"You can't go in there, it's for convention personel only" announces another I.Want.To.Die attendant.

Funny how sticking your face into someone elses and asking if they would like to "have a go" suddenly opens doors.

WTS: Your attendants are untrained bafoons. Same as your "ooh, yes, I fancy being called 'security' instead of 'the window cleaner' or 'janitor' for a day" security guards. Spend some money and train people properly if you really value people's lives and want to organise big events.

• dinah
    dinah

We had a bomb threat in Montgomery, Alabama in about 1979 at a District Convention. The whole Civic Center was evacuated. No bomb was found.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Funny how sticking your face into someone elses and asking if they would like to "have a go" suddenly opens doors.

Did you use your best Cockney accent in order to make this offer?

• lowden
    lowden

Cockney? A Northern accent is much more persuasive! And we're much harder!

Lowden

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    Violence is usually the last refuge of the incompetent,moreover the last thing i want to do to the Watchtower leaders is to make martyr's out of them.

The pen (keystroke) is mightier than the sword,we wack on the web.-Danny Haszard

Amen Brother Hazard.

Simon, I hadnt thought about the 'security' before, but you are right, theres no training. Its just young lads that would rather not sit and listen to the sessions. If a sister doesnt want to listen to the sessions she has to clean the boggetries.

I once sat on one of those HOLY chairs reserved for the attendants at KH. There was no official law about theses chairs, it was an unspoken thing that the chairs at the back of the hall were out of bounds for female ass. The brother nearly pole vaulted across the hall to tell me I couldnt sit there. I pretended I didnt know the unspoken rule to make him explain it to me. "Oh, but WHY cant a sister sit here? Why is it a problem? " etc etc

It was really funny hearing him trying to defend the indefensible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit