Jehovah’s (Hidden) Message Revealed (Why no TV ministry?) Terry Walstrom

by Dogpatch 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

" When is the last time you saw the balance sheets of the Watchtower Society?

A religious organization is not transparent to shareholders. It is by its very definition heremetically sealed from prying eyes." With respect, this is not the case in the UK. If you go to the 'Charities Commission' website, the 2005 accounts are posted there. I found that the International Bible Students Assocn owns property worth £63million, including some in Barbados. Full time volunteers received £80 per month plus a £300 annual bonus. The accounts and balance sheet of any limited company or registered charity in the UK is public information (as is details of ownership - and often price paid for - any building or piece of land).

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    If you go to the 'Charities Commission' website, the 2005 accounts are posted there.

Thanks for that Joe - made me look, lol......

http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/registeredcharities/showcharity.asp?remchar=&chyno=216647

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

After a District Assembly in 1978, this question was actually put to Lloyd Barry and Ted Jaracz during a TV interview:

- i.e. If The End was so near, why was this warning not being spelled out in a sensational manner - and by using every means of Mass Media?

Another poster on this thread has already mentioned how JWs always appear as "Idiots" whenever they do appear on TV. That was just how Lloyd Barry came over when responding to that question!

He was saved by Ted Jaracz, who managed to skirt around the issue by talking platitudes about , of all things, "Freedom of Choice." (From the WTS - what a bloody cheek!)

As described by Terry, the WTS has indeed made itself " A mindless, faceless monster - with no soul to save, and no arse to kick!" (Apologies to the late Sir Henry Wigley).

- In other words, untouchable and accountable to no one.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

This is a link to WTBTS UK accounts for y/e 31/8/05:

http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/registeredcharities/ScannedAccounts%5CEnds61%5C0001077961_ac_20050831_001_01_e_c.pdf

At that date they were worth just under £34million and had made a profit of £3.5million in the year.

• Terry
    Terry

I work in a used book store in the Religion section. Consequently, I talk to a wide swathe of persons whose interest lie in god, the bible, theology, and religion generally.

Hardly any of these people has greater than a vague idea of who and what Jehovah's Witnesses are beyond the cult connotations of naysaying the mainstream believes of general Christianity.

How can this be possible if Jehovah's Witnesses are carrying out the preaching work under the direction of Jesus Christ SO THAT ARMAGEDDON can come???

Logically, the ineffectiveness reflects clearly the vagueness, illogic and dissonance of JW belief system.

Local publishers are hand-puppets.

The "importance" of their door to door message is inconsequential. It has always changed over time because it has always proved to be untrue and embarassingly impractical.

Terry Walstrom

• snowbird
    snowbird

TERRY!!!

Sylvia

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yeah, I've missed Terry too.

Josie

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Wow, am I happy to see a Terry Walstrom posting!!!!!!!

• reniaa
    reniaa

conspiracy theory lol

• mrsjones5

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit