Jehovah’s (Hidden) Message Revealed (Why no TV ministry?) Terry Walstrom

by Dogpatch 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Great article, very clear and understandable. This would cause me to leave the Jw's and shut the door behind me.

Blueblades

• sf
    sf

~~sips her vanilla nut w/ whipped cream coffee~~

sKally

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Being born into it and living with it for 50 years, even though I felt they were right in many areas, I still had nagging doubts about certain things. These "things" are what lead me to NOT become baptized.

Every elder I ever studied with (& there were many), that was one of the questions I asked. I received many answers such as;

"Door to door was the way Jesus did it",

"Who knows? Jehovah's organization is very advanced so they may someday do that right before the End",

and the always popular..."The governing body doesn't want to be lumped in with all those disgraceful TV evangelists."

There were probably more. Being in the entertainment/communications business I was always advancing ideas to them. I remember hearing that the Mormons had satellite dishes on their church roofs and received special talks from their leaders in Salt Lake. I asked why we could not do that...as it would relieve the pressure of raising extra money to attend assemblies? The elderly and infirm who could not travel could get to the local hall and enjoy the feast. I was told that we were supposed to attend assemblies so we could enjoy the fellowship of the others from different areas...What a load a crap.

Jehovah's org may have been advanced in the 1950's & '60's but they have been sorrowfully left in the techno dust! And it is killing them. Woo Hoo!

-BONEZZ

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

PS. I remember, the elder who told me we didn't use TV because "Jesus went door to door"...I answered him by saying, "Yeah but it's hard to find a good 4-door ass." My attempt at humor was not appreciated.

-BONEZZ

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

I just went to the "official" WT web site. Unless I'm very mistaken, they have no provisions for emailing them. There is a "Contact US" link, but all it does is to let you enter your name, address, and best time to reach you. Why no email? Are they afraid of the flood of criticism or questions that would come streaming into NYC?? It makes you wonder. I also think it reinforces what others have said about the WT only wanting to conduct their "ministry" in a one-to-one basis because they have control. I mean, how would they answer all the emails if they offered that option? This way, they send a publisher to whoever filled out the "Contact Us" link and it's still in their control. Any thoughts? Thank you.

• calico
    calico

"Yeah but it's hard to find a good 4-door ass."
    Excellent!

• alek uk
    alek uk

This will make you laugh, when I got baptized at the C/A in 1986 (i think) the speaker asked the candidates how were you all contacted in the the very beginining , was it informally or through door knocking ?( sore knuckles) and about 95% raised our hands for informally ! funny that

• kid-A
    kid-A

Fascinating article. This should be submitted and published in a religious or social science journal. I myself have often wondered why the WTS insists on using essentially useless

methods of recruitment rather than mass media. This thesis provides a very interesting answer to that question.

• Terry
    Terry

I wanted to write this article for three reasons.

1.People in and out of the Watchtower Society don't seem to think __comprehensively_about what it actual is as an entity with a purpose.

2.The corporate body which is the body which governs has a dual nature in people's minds. The invisible nature is the BUSINESS. The identity projected constantly

to the rank and file is that of being the MOUTHPIECE of the very God of heaven.

3.Each time Armageddon was said to be so close you could smell its breath upon your neck this business was BUYING UP MORE REAL ESTATE!

Ask yourself why it is necessary to purchase what soon would be free for the taking!??

Having said all of the above......

I constantly wonder about the naivete evident even among so-called Apostates.

Put on your thinking caps!

ENRON executives were only caught and brought to trial because they can be examined as to the details of their business practices.

When is the last time you saw the balance sheets of the Watchtower Society?

A religious organization is not transparent to shareholders. It is by its very definition heremetically sealed from prying eyes.

The public declarations of purpose from this group are always of a propaganda nature and self-serving to the nth degree.

Remember when PTL got into trouble? It was because the public at large were invited in to the workings of the money being generated. More shares were offered than there were assets to back up the offering. The Watchtower Society has no Heritage Theme Park. It is real estate, buildings and expansion. The public is shut out entirely. No scrutiny is possible.

The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, as Randy himself mentioned a few posts back, is a cabal of very powerful men who micro manage every aspect of the lives of millions of men, women and children. The actual hands-on power is enormous! Hitler himself could only generate as much influence, charisma and personal significance in Nazi Germany.

Which raises a point I think is worth making.

When you have to ask the publishers of a magazine what kind of sex you can have with your marriage mate--you are dominated by a power greater than your own personal volition!

When, as a parent, you are perfectly willing to stand by and allow your own child; your flesh and blood offspring to die rather than receive medical treatment JUST TO PLEASE businessmen in Brooklyn NY---you are reduced to cravenly insignificance by the power of that influence. You become less than human.

The Governing Body has power which has so absolutely corrupted them as human beings they are reduced to moral blindness. They "shoot-up" by tightening their grip on the neck of the true-believers in the local Kingdom Halls just as prescribed by Judge Rutherford himself.

The mind of each Governing Body member is dedicated to only one thought: CONTROL.

When you have such power as these mere mortals there is only one focus: SEIZE MORE AND MORE AND MORE! No addict every stopped because they had "enough". Since the death of Fred Franz the focus of attention among Jehovah's Witnesses has been toward one thought: the Governing Body IS JEHOVAH! The freaky nature of this identity is bone-chilling. This business---alone among all other businesses on planet Earth---is bullet proof because it is unassailable. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society's Governing Body has become a shadow government representing God himself! It has taken the simple messege of brotherly love given by Jesus and distorted it into fear of your fellow man. It has become THE ANTICHRIST in every meaningful way.

Terry Walstrom

• james_woods
    james_woods

Here is a quote from back in this thread by drew_sagan: Thanks for the article Randy. I've been convinced ever since I started pioneering that the work JWs do has nothing to do with reallly getting the message out to the masses. Instead they prefer personal conversion of a few individuals year by year. It's eaiser to keep controll that way.

They would rather have 10 fully indoctrinated and submissive followers as opposed to 100 people baptized only in the name of Jesus.

I've never even seen a Kingdom Hall that has a sign with a reader board saying what the public talk is going to be. Has anyone ever seen this? _____ The emphasis was mine - my point was this: What is about the easiest modern way to get a whole boatload of fundies into a church? Just build a super-monster like the Chrystal Cathedral and get a charismatic guy to put on the song and dance (sometimes literally) strong as possible? Run free day-care (so long as they tithe right), do a party night every so often, etc. This has been repeated at least a dozen times here in Dallas in last couple of decades - it gets young marrieds and even teens out like crazy... The conjecture drew_ makes is true: This kind of rapid expansion is anathema to JWdom - they cannot indoctrinate such incoming masses near fast enough in their system...that kind of new conversion rate would be rat poison to the WT with all these new internet wise yuppies starting to ask questions... Drew (and you others) are right - they don't really care about the message for purpose of U.S. expansion...it is much more for control of the existing economic base. I thought this up when I was cruising #401 to bring up the battery this weekend and saw a N. Dallas superchurch where they had more people for memorial day (and most other Sundays too) than the WTS has for District Assembly - complete with off-duty cops to direct the traffic. James

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit