HELP.... kingdom hall to be erected in my community....town meeting!

by meljon 60 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    read somewhere that jws "hide" their members who have been reported as sexually assaulting children, and other members. Did you ever hear of this? Do they report an incident to the authorities such as sexual assault?

There is a scandal involving the cover-up of child abuse in the congregations. That's how Silentlambs came into existance.

But if that's the reason for not wanting JWs in your neighborhood, then when the Catholic church wants to build in your neighborhood, then you better be out in force as strongly against them as you are against the JW building.

Hey Undercover are you a practicing jehovah witness

Nope, as those who've been on this board for some time can attest to, I am not a practicing JW. I have been inactive and fading for quite some time now. I consider myself an ex-JW who no longer accepts the authority of the the GB or those appointed by them, nor do I accept any of their teachings or doctrines.

In my exit, I've gone through embarrassement, anger and bitterness. But I've also come to accept that I was a part of it and that while it may have caused me to have some issues, I'm free of it now and I can't keep blaming them for everything in my life.

I've also come to realize that the JW religion isn't going anywhere anytime soon. No amount of bitching and whining about it is going to cause them to dissolve any time soon. Militant apostate ramblings and actions just cause most current members to hold on tighter to their faith and causes non-involved bystanders to wonder what the hell is wrong with someone who does these things. There are more subtle and underground ways to help people see the truth behind the "truth" without looking like a bunch of disgruntled, bitter, unstable nuts.

I've come to accept that there is good and bad in the JW religion, as there is in any religion. I don't hate individual JWs, though I thoroughly dislike the organization and it's methods.

I've let it go. I don't need to belittle them or fight them. If they choose to be a JW, that's their right. I know that they won't give me the same consideration, but it's because they're brainwashed, not because they truly hate me. But I don't need their acceptance or permission. I know where I stand and what I think and what I believe.

I come to this board to try to help any that are lurking that have the same doubts that I once had. I hope that when they see that some of us stick to the facts and history and try hard to not let emotions rule, they'll give some thought to what we share and we have experienced.

I saw in some of the posts on this thread that some people wanted to stop a KH from coming into their neighborhood just because it's a JW building. That, to me, is letting emotions rule. You don't like JWs, and that's fine, but to single them out as deserving of some retirbution based on just being of that religion is not a fair or honest way to act, in my estimation.

So, because I stand up for what I think is fairness, I am questioned as to whether I'm a JW. Why can't someone support what's right and fair without being accused of being part of something sinister?

And, by the way, it's Jehovah's Witnesses, not Jehovah witness.

• meljon
    meljon

GUESS what kingdom hall is NOT being built in MY neigborhood next to our new town hall? . Yep, If ya'll remember the post about my inquiring about what to do or say at the town meeting when they wanted to re-zone a prime piece of property for institutional use in order for the jehovahs witnesses to build a new kingdom hall in my neighborhood. I wish to thank all who put in their 2 cents worth, it all added up and I brought it to the attention of our neighbors and at the town meetings about the increased traffic and no one had any idea about the tax issue. Most people don't know that they dont have to pay taxes. NOW they are building on a little street BEHIND a Sobeys store. It will be totally hidden from view. hahahhahahahahaha..... Sorry... I couldnt help that,,,,, but I feel great about it. thanks all.........

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Hi meljon

• meljon
    meljon

Hi IP_SEC

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Good job meljon.

• arwen
    arwen

You are the wind beneath my feet!!! Thanks Meljohn,

• arwen
    arwen

I meant to say the wind beneath my wings!!!!! My bestest friend. You haved saved me from looking at the KH everytime I drive into town.

• meljon
    meljon

That's my best friend,,,,, Arwen,,,,,, I give thanks to the Lord above for her freedom! Now we have begun really living,,,,, just being ourselves and NO GUILT

• meljon
    meljon

I was wondering what you meant by wind beneath your feet, but I just figured you were into the rum and coke

• arwen
    arwen

This is one tough woman. She took on the elders and some of the town and won!!!... Woohoo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit