HELP.... kingdom hall to be erected in my community....town meeting!

by meljon 60 Replies latest jw friends

• arwen
    arwen

Thanks Blondie...good info...we have finished the letter to the mayor and councillors

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

I agree with the concept of the effect on the community as a whole, taxes, parking, traffic flow, etc. Also, the time the Thursday pm meetings end is potentially bothersome for families with small chiildren.

Do the homeowners have guests that park on the street? How would the sudden influx of cars on the street effect the odds of a possible accident.

Mary

• meljon
  • meljon
    meljon

I just finished typing the events of the town meeting and pressed the wrong key and it all flew into cyberspace! Here I go again, I attended the meeting at our town hall, it was very crowded as they were three subjects to be presented. the first was jws. They had a large placard with all kinds of pictures of kingdom halls on it,. they kept repeating how clean it would be. I asked how much would they pay in taxes toward our lovely town? He replied none, we do not pay taxes on a place of worship. I then asked how many of his congregation live in our town? He replied maybe families, I then stated, I have researched this and it was only him and his wife that reside in our town. He did not respond to this, I then asked was he ever involved it the decisions made in our town by voting? He said no the jws dont vote, and i said not federal or provincial or municipal? He said no. ( I then wondered how his deodorant was holding up.) I also asked if any of our children might use this building for scouts or soccer meetings, and he replied NO , we do not rent rooms, and I said, I didnt mean rent I meant FREE to our community use , and he said no.we dont do that. I then stated that I didnt believe that this rezoning from a commercial to institutional would benefit our town for a group of people that do not give anything back to the community. His young clean as a whistle sidekick then stated "jws all pay taxes' and I said only two in MY town. I suggested that this group needs to be investigated thoroughly and people understand what it would mean to have a kingdom hall in our community, it would be close to our new town hall which houses a large gym and promotes sports in our town. Also some government offices are there along with all the town offices. I passed out some material on the facts that I presented, noteably the answers by the jws to my questions were of the religious beliefs, not by me. After the meeting, no one went to them with any comments or questions, they packed up their pictures and left........i need a drink! FYI I have not been on the boards for a long time and when I signed in I put meljon which i use on travel and cruise boards. I forgot that I signed on as GLADDY. So I am now gladdy meljon........... HELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• meljon
    meljon

sorry, a typo.... "he replied maybe 5 familys.........

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Meljon,
    where do you live?
    I had assumed you are in the US, but from the sound of it, your public hearing process is much more open-ended.

• meljon
    meljon

I live on Prince Edward Island, Canada

• Legolas
    Legolas
    sorry, a typo.... "he replied maybe 5 familys.........

As far as I know that is a LIE!

So when will they decide?

• meljon
    meljon

there will be another town meeting in a couple of weeks, then they take the concerns to the council members and they vote on it. I hope you and hubby will be at the next one with me! I just asked the man questions, he didnt respond when I said "only you and your wife live in this area"

• sf
    sf

My strong suggestion is to cut-copy and paste this flier into your Word and print them out for distribution in the area surrounding this KH. And also to whomever attends these meetings:

EPIDEMIC CHILD SEXUAL AND PHYSICAL ABUSE IS NOT ONLY IN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH…AWARENESS FOR YOURSELF AND OUR COMMUNITIES CHILDREN IS HERE…PLEASE READ:

HAS YOUR CHILD OR YOURSELF AS A CHILD EVER BEEN SEXUALLY AND/ OR PHYSICALLY

ABUSED BY MEMBERS AND/ OR FAMILY IN THE

JEHOVAHS WITNESSES RELIGIOUS

ORGANIZATION, LEAD BY THE

WATCHTOWER BIBLE TRACT SOCIETY OF NEW YORK?

If so report all abuse to properly trained authorities immediately. Professional investigation of any abuse allegations will protect the emotional and physical well being of your child.

There is growing evidence that the

Watchtower Bible & Tract Society is being implicated in having encouraged elders, ministerial servants and even those higher up in the organization to cover over cases of child sexual abuse, male and female rape, molestation as well as domestic violence in their local congregations.

The reason?

The leadership is determined to give the public the impression that they are "God's Organization," a safe haven from the world. The truth of the matter may be far different.

VISIT Silentlambs.org for the latest updates! [ http://www.silentlambs.org/education/Timelineofevents.cfm ]

What Needs to change in the WT's policy? [ http://www.exjws.net/sexabuse/whatchange.htm ]

New! (4/2/06) Scans of elder's "Flock" book [http://www.dannyhaszard.com/shunning.htm#flockscans ]

with his notes from the teacher of the class, showing how pedophiles can be used in special positions if they have sufficiently repented!

My Molester Is Still A Jehovah's Witness Elder :

view video… [http://www.freeminds.org/media/mymolester.htm]

Encourage elders to respect your right to protect the best interests of your child by staying out of criminal investigations of rape.

FOR HELP AND ASSISTANCE:

WWW.SILENTLAMBS.ORG WWW.FREEMINDS.ORG 1-877-WT ABUSE

Tack/ tape them all over your community. When you go shopping, tack one up somewhere, put them on tabloid stands, magazine/ NEWSpaper racks, grocery store shelves where kids foods are, libraries, hospitals (mental health as well), school nurses, government/ state/ county offices, news orgs, etc. USE YOUR OWN CREATIVE IMAGINATION to explore other ways to BRING AWARENESS to each town and town leaders.

I wish you happy trails in your endeavors.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit