607 bce or 587 bce

by jw 94 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Why do jws always use 10,000 words to try and say that black is white ? It is satisfying to see 10,000 word works about nothing though.

Who wrote all that and copyrighted it anyway - doesn't anyone put their name on these essays ? - and what would they be copyrighting it for ?

• acadian
    acadian

This tread is a good example of what's wrong in this world, in all honesty JW, do you think it really matters in the larger scope of things
    whether it's 607 or 587 is it worth nit picking over? Maybe if we just follow those two greatest commands Jesus mentioned that covered the whole law and stop nit picking, the world would be a better place. (I doubt it) Oh, and don't forget the bible was written by men, edited by men, copyied by men, recopied, recopied, recopied by men... ever play that game where a group of people get in a circle one person tells something to one person and each person repeats or try too repeat what was said and by the time it gets back to the person who started the game it's totally differant? If you believe that that bible is infallable then you don't live in reality, not that there isn't truth in the bible there is. And let's say you are right about 607, that doesn't change the fact that the WTBTS has a 0% accurrcy rate concerning their prediction's of things to come just look at all their past failed prediction's With that said, have a nice day, JW. Acadian

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

A slick presentation no doubt. [No, no, aunt Mavis, I said sLick, not sick] And about time too. It has taken 127 years [1879-2006] for the WTS to produce an authoratative statement of its chronological position. [That is I am assuming it is a WTS paper. It may on the other hand be written by surrogates]

Unfortunately it adresses only one issue, that of the 70 years "desolation" of the land. Nowhere does the Bible actually speak of the period that the WTS calls the "70 year desolation" It does talk about "desolation", and it does use a period of 70 years. But NOWHERE is this connected in the SINGULAR.

Actually this series of articles puts an interesting "spin" on the one text which speaks of a 70 year period of desolationS [plural] - Dan9:2 To all other intelligent readers of the Bible, this merely indicates that Jerusalem, [not the land] underwent three seperate "desolations" 1 In the first year of Nebuchadnezzar [Jer 25:11] 2 In Nebuchadnezzar's 7th year [2Chron 36:5-10] 3 And finally in his 19th year [2Kings 24:14]

But not to the followers of the WTS. By the artful use of a paraphrase translation, [CEV] Dan 9:2 is made to say that Jerusalem would be in "ruins" [The metaphor "ruins" actually speaks of a single ruination, where for instance we can speak of a house being in "ruins"] By adopting this translation, certainly not accurate enough to preserve the literalness of the original Hebrew, the WTS apologists imply that Daniel is referring to a single event, one in 607 BC, from which one can then conveniently count back. If these anonymous writers were so concerned with "accuracy" one wonders why they did not accept th WTS "translation" of this verse? Are they implying that somehow the WTS and its [per]version of the Bible is wrong, and that Freddy Franz did'nt know Hebrew after all? If the writers of this article had the guts to face the facts thaey would acknowledge that Dan 9:2 is talking of "desolations" that befell Jerusalem.

No consideration is given to the lengths of the various Kings of Babylon. 539 BC is accepted as an absolute date, when it is'nt. It is in fact caculated from an absolute date, which is the 37th year of Nebuchadnezzar.

We need not be impressed by the WTS and its explanations, because anything, even a flat earth, can be "explained". And we do'nt need to be lectured to by men who have for ever stained their record with prophetic quackery. The Scriptures themselves tell us not to fear them for they are false prophets.[Dt 18:22]

Cheers

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    [That is I am assuming it is a WTS paper

No, I don`t think so. Even the WTBTS knows that the 607-date is BS ( I think).

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

2 Timothy 2:14 comes to mind....

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

jw

Excellent material and well done for presenting this material as it certainly vindicates the sacred date of 607 BCE for the Fall of Jerusalem rather than the demonic date of 585 or 587 BCE promoted by the Devil, higher critics and apostates. I will certainly use this material along with my other files on chronology to uphold and defend our illustrious Bible chronology developed by the celebrated WT scholars using God's Word and Holy Spirit.

scholar JW

'Scholar' never fails to deliver his pre-recorded message. Evidently he's not the only one partial to using hyperbole.

Excellent post by AlanF on Egypt's 40 years. On another board, a poster called 'Thirdwitness' (who was involved in the writing of at least some of the 607 stuff cited) was presented with some similar arguments, but predictably he either ignored them or dismissed them as being from demonic, secular sources.

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

I can't be bothered reading that site, but does King Nevawuzza make an appearance? He's my favorite neo-Babylonian king in the jw timeline.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Maybe scholar and jw could put thier heads to gether and come up with a kings list.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    There is a third prophecy that totally and utterly fails in the 587-centered chronology of Christendom and the apostates.

Yeh, sure debunks that 587-centered chronology of Christendom

WHAT ?

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Maybe scholar and jw could put thier heads to gether and come up with a kings list.

Wanna bet they 'discover' where the missing twenty years in the regnal list went?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit