607 bce or 587 bce

by jw 94 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Lady Liberty said (to 'scholar')

Why don't you go knock on doors like everyone else is instructed to do to count your time! Because it is quite obvious that is ALL you are doing!

Indeed, if 'scholar' does count his time here, he is breaking the Society's rules even more, for he is not even supposed to discuss biblical topics with ex-Witnesses, let alone count time for it. So if he is counting time here, he just one more of the many Witnesses who illegitimately misreports an inflated number of hours.

I, for one, expressly forbid 'scholar' from counting time taken as part of his 'ministry' in replying to anything I write on this forum. Refusing to comply is in breach of the Christian principle of integrity, as well as in direct contravention of the Governing Body's explicit instructions.

• scholar
  • scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Post 937

The calculation of chronology in order to understand prophecy is hardly a meaningless exercise for expositors have been doing this very same thing for centuries. Of course, it is meaningless if you have no interest or faith in the Bible or biblical prophecy so where do you come from?

The twenty year gap exists because of a comparison of diferent chronologies which are different because of different methodologies. You pick your side and I will pick mine and 'never the twain shall meet'.

You still have not explained your arbitrary choice of 587 when most scholars prefer 586. Why are you so diffident about this matter?

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Hellrider

Josephus supports 607 by the very fact that he supports the interpretation of the seventy years by celebrated WT scholars. Josephus also disagrees with the accepted Neo Babylonian chronology because he shows different regnal years for the Babylonian rulers so this weakens such chronology.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Auld Soul

DANIEL 9:2 has the significant expression: "for fulfilling the devastations of Jerusalem" which clearly shows the continuative aspect of the seventy years at the time of Daniel who expected its end shortly.

Ezra wrote under inspiration and I offer to you the words of the Apostle Paul a celebrated WT scholar who confirmed such inspiration in 2 Timothy 3:16.

That is correct and you catch on so fast. Zechariah's seventy years were past when Zechariah was visited by the angel. The now returned exiles had not misunderstood Jeremiah because they understood those seventy years were consequently a period of denunciation because of their disobedience, thus the seventy years applied not to Babylon but to the unfaithful Jews who were denounced during that period of seventy years.

Daniel had access to Jeremiah's scrolls and was familiar with all that he had written for "he discerened by the books" which goes much further than day-dreaming or wishful thinking.

Ezra like Daniel quoted and sourced Jeremiah in tracing the outworking of history and the fulfillment of prophecy and all that is written about the subject of the seventy years is consistent and harmonious including that of Zechariah.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Lady Liberty

I have no intention of giving up. My sole purpose for my presence on this board is to defend WT chronology and expose the lies and falsehoods of apostates. Apostates are masters of circular reasoning,avoiding the facts by creating mischief and deceit. Celebrated WT scholars have made no comment about my posting on this board and appreciate the necessity of apologia in the presence of the enemy and the need to protect the sheep from such wolf-like ones.

Believe you me I am an active publisher who happens to enjoy the field ministry, speaking of which What evangelizing are you doing?

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Hellrider

So what! All dates in any chronology are of necessity, derived dates. There is no fantastic irony in this unless you are completely ignorant. The fact of the matter is that we have a selected pivotal date from secular sources, 539 BCE. Thereupon, another derived date in harmony with secular and biblical evidence is calculated to be 537 BCE for the Return of the Jews from Exile. Counting back the exilic period of the biblical seventy years establishes the derived date of 607 BCE as the beginning of the Exile and the Fall of Jerusalem. This calculated and derived methodology is irrefutable.

scholar JW

• yesidid
    yesidid
    My sole purpose for my presence on this board is to defend WT chronology

Well, you said it Neil. You are not here to defend the Bible or Bible chronology. You are here to defend the WT. End of story.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    I have no intention of giving up. My sole purpose for my presence on this board is to defend WT chronology and expose the lies and falsehoods of apostates. Apostates are masters of circular reasoning,avoiding the facts by creating mischief and deceit. Celebrated WT scholars have made no comment about my posting on this board and appreciate the necessity of apologia in the presence of the enemy and the need to protect the sheep from such wolf-like ones.

If your purpose is to expose lies, why do you tell so many? The Society's entire chronology surrounding this issue is built on circular reasoning, built on a lie. You are yet to supply any proof for 537, which is the entire basis for your 607 date.

Readers on this forum certainly don't need protecting from you, because your poor logic and inability to properly respond to problems with your dogma makes it evident that your position is entirely unworkable.

• aniron
    aniron

Scholar

You and your WT demons have been pedalling these lies for years.

My sole purpose for my presence on this board is to defend WT chronology and expose the lies and falsehoods of apostates

Yes! as has been said "defend WT chronolgy (deceit)" not real historical chronology.

Apostates are masters of circular reasoning,avoiding the facts by creating mischief and deceit.

If they are they had good training when they were JW.s The biggest creators of lies and deceit.

. Celebrated WT scholars have made no comment about my posting on this board and appreciate the necessity of apologia in the presence of the enemy and the need to protect the sheep from such wolf-like ones.

Who just are these "celebrated WT scholars" ? They seem to inhabit a mysterious world where only JW's know they exist.

Why have they made no comment? Because they haven't faintest idea who you are. Because you are to afraid to reveal your true identity on any of the forums you have been on. Why not publish your name, and congregation etc. then see what happens.

Believe you me I am an active publisher who happens to enjoy the field ministry, speaking of which What evangelizing are you doing?

Only active because you count time being on forums like this. Faced with someone on the doors who exposed your falseness you would probably bvack off. Like all JW's do when faced with the truth.

Thats why you post on forums like this talking lies and deceit. Because you are a coward. You can get away with this rubbish on here, because you don't have to face anyone. But with someone face to face you would be nothing but bluster.

What evangelizing are you doing?

Do you mean telling people about salvation through Jesus Christ.

OR do you mean telling people they can have salavation by becoming a member of the WT and obeying its rules.

Scholar, WHO is your Mediator?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit