Do You Think ENGLISH Should Be The Official Language In America?

by minimus 65 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Some politicians are saying this would be "racist".

• snarf
    snarf

I think that English should definately be the official languge in America. It has been for years, so why change it? If we go to anither country like France, Spain, Africa, etc... they use their official language.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Mais Oui! It should.

Dismembered

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I could care less to what language that is spoken. Proper English would be more to my liking, rather than what is used today.

Brooke

• minimus
    minimus

I don't think English has ever been proclaimed to be THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE by the government.

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

Those would be the politicians from the Crack Smoking Party right?

Hmmmm, they speak French in France, Spanish in Spain, German in Germany, Japanese in Japan, Chinese in China. The whole world must be full of racists.

• juni
    juni

Definitely. If people want to speak their native language that's fine, but they should be able to speak fluent English so that they are able to be understood.

• blondie
    blondie

No....economic benefits define. I teach English as a Second Language (ESL) and every student has been someone who wants to better themselves economically.

What about people who were born in the US that massacre the English language, have bad grammar, spelling, punctuation, and can't express themselves well enough to write an Achievement History Questionnaire to get a job?

Don't kid yourself, many people have English-speaking parents, lived in this country all their lives, had English in school and still have a language barrier and English is the only language they speak.

Blondie

• JH
    JH

In the new system everyone will speak english.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Since a huge percentage of US citizens speak Spanish,

since a huge percentage of spanish is from arabic:

WE SHOULD ALL BE GASSING IN OSAMA BIN LINER!!!!!

HB ( of the "Hating to Be" wicked class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit