Have We Been Purposely Mislead About 9/11?

by JamesThomas 68 Replies latest members politics

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    Then how do you exsplain the patriot bills that are deemed unconstitutional being passed without consent from the people ?

Deemed unconstitutional by what Court?

The Patriot Bill passed, unanimously in the House and the Senate, which is the manner prescribed by the Constitution. I'm not sure what your point is.

They are trying to run the government as if we are under martial law , not that most people take a notice anyway .

Martial law? Sorry, I have lived in a city that was under martial law. Los Angeles during the riots. I know what martial law looks like. We don't have martial law. Please leave the hyperbole to the extremists.

There seems to be more to this than anti conspiracy people are willing to look at .

That is what makes conspiracy theories so much fun. They are like onions. Layer upon layer.

I'm not going to mention the fact that the same guy owned all the buildings that fell on 911 in NYC .
    Then why mention it at all? Yes, I am pretty sure that the WTC were owned by a single company. However that does not a conspiracy make.
  • JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Abaddon:

Think about the balance of probabilities;

1. Al-Q terrorists planned, trained and were in the planes that hit the WTC (Proven, by evidence and the admission of high-ups in the organisation that planned it).
    2. The fire in the building was sufficiently strong to weaken the metal frame. These broke, and in a kind of domino effect once the rpocess started in an environment with weakend beams, would propogate. When a floor collapsed, it caused another domino effect, this time vertically. (The science and the evidence backing this up (down to frame-by frame analysis where you can see the described process happening) leave me in no doubt.
    3. It got really hot in the rubble and stuff may even have melted but was easily hot enough (like an open fire) to make metal glow red.

Or;

1. The govenment or some massively powerful organisation planted demolition charges in three busy office buildings without leaving any evidence.
    2. Terrorists were influenced into mounting the attack, or set-up in remote control planes, or brain-washed and programmed. Additionally the heads of the organsiation claimed the attack as their own.
    3. The demolition was deliberately triggered - amazingly enough, even with the massive damage to the buildings, the symetry of the explosions required to make if fall like it did were not affected.
    4. They packed in enough extra reactant to keep it burning weeks later - again, all without being noticed or leaving traces.
    5. No one has talked, and despite the large number of people with access to the site and the manifestly easy ways evidence could be gathered, there is no hard evidence of this.

The way you ask it makes it sound like I would be a fool to consider government complicity; but really does it not come down to: is a highly complex operation more likely to meet with success, with, or without inside help?

j

• heathen
    heathen

http://infowars.com/print/patriot_act/alexs_analysis.htm

Take a look at that and see just how "democracy" was at work ...................................

• Robdar
    Robdar

Heathen, that was an interesting link. Very scary to read.

• Golf
    Golf

Kenneson, "Truth is stranger than fiction."

Golf

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Abaddon, Thanks for the Wikipedia link, it's very helpful.

Here is a PhysOrgForums 800+ page thread started 9 months ago called: Basic Physics, Correct Analysis of WTC Towers Collapse. There is a person there, a physicist I believe, who goes by the name of Schneibster who almost has me convinced that the kinetic and gravitational energy was there to collapse the buildings as they did, without set charges (I don't think he has included Building 7). But I don't see critical parts of his statements carrying over to real life. I'm on page 13 reading along to see if anyone calls him on it. He comes in on page 5.

http://forum.physorg.com/index.php?s=64c66bfff249e749ffb1787727c842cf&showtopic=3108&st=0

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

heathen

Yah Ok Abbadon . Then how do you exsplain the patriot bills that are deemed unconstitutional being passed without consent from the people ? They are trying to run the government as if we are under martial law , not that most people take a notice anyway . There seems to be more to this than anti conspiracy people are willing to look at . I'm not going to mention the fact that the same guy owned all the buildings that fell on 911 in NYC.

You note after I provide some clear evidence the 'no plane hit the Pentagon' lobby are talking out their hat you don't even pause in your accusations. It's as if it is SO vitally important to your belief structure there IS some sort of conspiracy when various parts of claims supporting such conspiracy theories are shown to be rubbish you have to carry on insisting there was a conspiracy. Interesting.

JamesThomas

There is much that puzzles me, and I am not yet prepared to list them all here.

How nice and vauge; not giving any details but saying your 'puzzled'.

I never said Jones has proof, only what seem to be scientifically valid questions. A lot of the 9/11 questions do not seem so well thought out.

I know you didn't claim he had 'the truth', but how about the point I made, about how the refutation of his claims is easily accesable online? It's funny people find the wild claims and NOT their refitations before speculating. Maybe that's just me; if people tells me trees are green, and the someone says they're blue, I check up before assuming he's got some hidden knowledge.

As far as the Pentagon, I don't know what hit it, and it does not really concern me. As I have stated though, I find the feds refusal to offer the public all video, suspect. Especially since in this instance anything caught on tape should prove their case.

Nice and vauge; you're basically giving yourself the freedom to believe what you like without having to defend those beliefs. You are free to do this, but that is what you are doing.

I am somewhat amazed abaddon, of your ability to be so certain that the official story is correct.

The evidence indicates the standard story of the mechanics of 9/11 (what hit what and why things fell down) is most likely true. Just like when one rubbishes Creationist theories it indicates the alternative theory - Evolution - is most likely true.

I suppose I could believe an alternate hypothesis about 9/11; aliens did it maybe? You can't actually disprove that, but I could ask loads of questions supporting that belief! Wouldn't mean anything about the accuracy of my beliefs!! But as there is actually EVIDENCE for the mechanics of 9/11 that matches the 'official' story, I'll let the EVIDENCE, and not any paranoia about 'the man' guide my opinion.

What I say about GW and the neocons clears up any possible thought I might trust 'the man'. However, the mechanics of 9/11 (what hit what and why things fell down) featured in the official story is supported by the EVIDENCE. I base my beliefs on the mechanics of 9/11 on the evidence, not on presuming the official story about the mechanics of the day is false without firm evidnece.

The only way I could be so assured would require I close my eyes to all possibilities contrary to my position.

Actually, you'll find I have just been rubbishing the conspiracy theories related to the mechanics of 9/11, and no one's defended these conspiracy theories to any succesful extent - they're making run-on arguments (like heathen), being vauge, or withdrawing from the debate like you ("I am not yet prepared to list them all here"). I'm actually responding to possibilities contrary to my position, thank you very much.

It reminds me of discussions with that other bunch of cospirasists - the Creationists; they either run away or make run-on arguments when their original stance is shown to be unsupportable.

Of course, you might not like this fact, but there it is. I notice no comment about how the conspiracy theories relating to the mechanics of JFK's assasination have been shown to be false, but that didn't stop people believing in them for decades - and in some case STILL believing them. You're obviously an intelligent and enquiring person JamesThomas; I just think you need to step back and think about HOW you are thinking and look for faults in your premise and methodolgy. You also seem to weigh a hypothesis and a theory as being of equal worth.

I'm trying to look at this with eyes open and not automatically discount anything.

Consider everything, and then rip it to pieces and see if it stands up. Destruct test reality. The problems raised by Jones and other 'demolition' Conspiracists are thus far quite explicable within the standard version of the mechanics; I've asked you to state where they're not and you've refused. Thus far they've all been shown to be unsupported hypothesis and speculation (like ID and Creationism) compared to a theory with evidence (like Evolution).

So far this method has brought with it more questions than answers, and I don't know what the hell really happened, but my sense is there is more going on than the U.S. government is letting on.

Be clear about your claims; saying "there is more going on than the U.S. government is letting on" is almost certainly true about a LOT of things. You don't get a prize for a statement of the obvious.

However, claims like 'no plane hit the Pentagon' or 'the WTC was demolished by explosives' are demonstrably un-true and anyone making those claims has been conned by those originating those claims.

The way you ask it makes it sound like I would be a fool to consider government complicity; but really does it not come down to: is a highly complex operation more likely to meet with success, with, or without inside help?

I'm showing how the leaps of faith YOU have to make to hold on to your belief structure, the common-sense questions your speculations cannot answer. I am specifically attacking alternate versions of the mechanics of 9/11 - and have made it clear that whilst I do believe the official version of the mechanics of the day I do doubt the honesty and integrity of the government.

Nice link; this sums up my thinking;

This is typical of the "thermite did it" crowd - they simply cannot accept alternative theories that don't involve conspiracies. What little "evidence" the CDers cling to for their thermite theory is open to alternative explanations.

That thread is 835 pages long. You will note if you read the last dozen pages that the Conspiracists desputing the offcial version of the mechanics of the event have not proved anything; they just have an alternate hypothesis. Like Creationists. Like ID-ers. Yeti-ists and Nessie-ites too.

This means it is just like it was in the first dozen pages.

The people defending the official version of the mechanics have evidence supporting their theory of collapse. Computer models. You'll note the Conspirasists are criticised for stating incorrect figures, ignoring inconvenient evidence against their hypothesis and for using logical fallacies.

The Conspiracists post links like this;

http://killtown.911review.org/911smokingguns.html

Now, if you want to believe, there's more than enough to make you happy here. Personally I was hooting at some of the 'smoking guns'. Then I click away at a few links and found a guy who claims a 'whatsit' hit each of the towers. Funny, I was sat watching TV when the second plane hit. I saw that live; it was a passenger jet. I've seen dozens of stills and video clips of both impacts which leave no doubt over the fact both were passenger planes. This guy must have ignored ALL of those and just used the worst quality weirdest angle video to support his claims. His claims are risable.

Seriously, the shit that probably is going on (GW and the neocons) is FAR more probably true than the official version of the mechanics of 9/11 being false. You're right to be suspicious, but you're exploring a blind alley. Have fun doing it - I did!

XJW

Hi, and thanks.

Then why mention it at all? Yes, I am pretty sure that the WTC were owned by a single company. However that does not a conspiracy make.

Precisely. Some rich Arab owns most of the winning horses in British horse racing; oh my god, it's a conspiracy!!!!!

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    There is much that puzzles me, and I am not yet prepared to list them all here.

How nice and vauge; not giving any details but saying your 'puzzled'.

You can call it "nice and vague", however it was in reality an honest statement of my being puzzled and not as yet listed all my concerns. Being puzzled and asking questions is not a bad thing. Why does it irritate you? Does it some how threaten the 100% rigidity of your conclusions? This not a black and white world Abaddon, and certainly most often the truth is somewhere in-between two seriously divided claims.

The paper I originally presented has thirteen clearly stated challenges to the official report. I haven't seen any solid proof to refute them.

Perhaps the reason I started this thread, is that if there is, to some degree, seemingly valid reason that points to my governments purposely executing or assisting in an event that would take this country into war, as a responsible citizen, I have to look at what is being presented, no matter how painful. The ramifications of such an act is too important to ignore. It likely means more to me than it would a person living in Holland.

How so many people can label it a "Conspiracy Theory" and so then discount everything, seems frighteningly unwise. So many occurrences on and around 9/11 need to be looked at and be found to be 100% clear of doubt for such complacency to be genuinely valid. How can this be? If we take just one aspect of this case, for example the higher ups in the FBI ignoring valid data that concerned the very likely culmination of these attacks; and not only ignore but to fire or put on leave people closing in on the plan. Standing alone this one aspect is enough to warrant question and further investigation of conspiracy. There is so much more. Professor Jones presents thirteen challenges of the official report, just concerning the physics involved in the collapse of the buildings. Indeed some may be incorrect, but so far all I see is someone else's theories opposing his theories. There needs to be further hands on investigation. Which is probably why the debate is growing hotter and not cooling off?

Questions, so many questions. Like: The failure of standard operating procedures (SOP) to intercept Flight 11. The failure of SOP to intercept Flight 175. The failure of SOP to intercept Flight 77. The official story as to these failures changed a few days after 9/11. According to the second version of the official story, the order to scramble jet fighters to intercept Flights 11 and 175 went to Otis Air Force base instead of the nearer base, McGuire. According to this second version, the order to scramble jet fighters to protect Washington went to Langley Air Force base instead of the nearer base, Andrews. Even given NORAD’S time-line and the greater distances the pilots had to cover from Otis and Langley, their fighter jets, flying at full speed, should have reached New York and Washington in time to prevent the attacks on the South Tower and the Pentagon. According to this second version, the fighter jets that were too late to intercept Flights 11 and 175 were not ordered to continue on to Washington, even though it was then known that Flight 77 had been hijacked and, according to the official story, was headed back toward Washington.

Secretary of Transportation Mineta’s report of a conversation that may -- and I repeat may, but it does put things into question -- have reflected a stand-down order by Vice President Cheney.

The quick removal of the steel from all three buildings-especially Building 7, where there would have been no victims-before it could be examined.

The extreme unlikelihood that a hijacked 757 could have flown undetected through American airspace, especially toward the Pentagon, for some 40 minutes and that this non-military plane, not having a transponder sending out a”friendly” signal, was not automatically shot down by the Pentagon’s battery of missiles.

President Bush gave the impression upon his arrival at the Sarasota school, even after a telephone conversation with Condoleezza Rice, that he was unaware that two more airliners, beyond the one that had crashed into the North Tower of the WTC, had been hijacked; and after being told about the attack on the South Tower, did not act like a commander in chief who was surprised to learn that the United States was suffering the greatest terrorist attack in its history.

The multiple denial by Bush administration officials that they had had any idea that planes might be used as weapons in a terrorist attack against the United States, even though such knowledge was widespread-partly because of warnings the Bush administration itself had received that terrorists were in fact planning such attacks.

The repeated denial by Bush administration officials that they had received any specific advance knowledge about the attacks of 9/11, contradicting strong evidence to the contrary, including that provided by the purchases of enormous amounts of put options on United Airlines, American Airlines, and Morgan Stanley Dean Witter.”

The evidence that local FBI agents in Minnesota, New York, and Chicago were prevented by FBI headquarters from carrying out investigations that could have uncovered the plot.

The harassment and demotion of DIA agent Julie Sirrs after she brought back information about a plan in Afghanistan to assassinate Ahmad Massood.

The firing and subsequent gagging of FBI whistle-blower Sibel Edmonds after she reported that a 9/11-related investigation was being sabotaged by a spy.

While people such as Julie Sirrs and Sibel Edmonds have been punished, there have been no reports of punishment for anyone who acted incompetently or obstructively in relation to 9/11­whether in the FAA, the FBI, the CIA, the DIA, the NSA, the Justice Department, the White House, NORAD, the Pentagon, or the US military.

There are more, but anyone of these puts governmental complicity into question; and I'm just beginning to look.

Abaddon, I am not like you, who knows all there is to know about 9/11, and I seriously doubt that regards this complex and complicated issue I ever will know all the facts.

j

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Abaddon:What I want to know is just what you've got against Nessie!!!

100,000 tourists / year just can't be wrong!!!

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

JamesThomas

You can call it "nice and vague", however it was in reality an honest statement of my being puzzled and not as yet listed all my concerns. Being puzzled and asking questions is not a bad thing. Why does it irritate you?

It doesn't irritate me James. Don't faltter yourself. I just think it is lame to be certain enough to doubt well-established fact, but not certain enough to defend Conspiracist theories you've presented.

Does it some how threaten the 100% rigidity of your conclusions?

As you have a 100% lack of firm evidence for your claims I'll ignore that as sour grapes... although you falsely characterise my position...

This not a black and white world Abaddon, and certainly most often the truth is somewhere in-between two seriously divided claims.

Ah, more vaugeness. Either two passenger planes hit the WTC and triggered their collapse, and one passenger plane hit the Pentagon, just like the official story says, or something else happened. This IS black and white.

The paper I originally presented has thirteen clearly stated challenges to the official report. I haven't seen any solid proof to refute them.

Well you are making the mistake AGAIN of assuming the presense of a question or challange MEANS something. For example; I assert aliens did it, as only they could have remote controlled the planes like that. Prove me wrong. This is exactly the same form of argument Conspiracists use; they planted thermite charges - prove me wrong.

Note I haven't proved aliens did it, nor have the thermite-lobby proved thermite was used, but just because they say it was you are assuming a challange is actually meaningful, despite the presense of alternative explanations that fit the official story.

But anyways, mistakes in your assesment of whether a challange means a damn or not aside, please LIST what you still believe to be unrefuted challenges made by Jones; I'll point out which ones have no proof and are merely empty claims (like my alien remote control one), and which ones the evidence refutes or provides alternate explanations for, challenge by challenge.

How so many people can label it a "Conspiracy Theory" and so then discount everything, seems frighteningly unwise.

Come off it James T, how can showing the are faults in the Conspiracists claims and alternative explanations be unwise? Believing in credulous nonsense is unwise. All I've discounted is some stupid Conspiracist claims.

So many occurrences on and around 9/11 need to be looked at and be found to be 100% clear of doubt for such complacency to be genuinely valid.

Ah, so your PRESUPPOSTION is there is a Conspiray. Nice to know you're not biased to one conclusion or the other, LOL.

How can this be? If we take just one aspect of this case, for example the higher ups in the FBI ignoring valid data that concerned the very likely culmination of these attacks; and not only ignore but to fire or put on leave people closing in on the plan.

If you'd read what I write I conceed there may be some weight in hypotheses about the build-up to the attack. But why don't we deal with the initial claims you've spread regarding the demolition of the towers?

Standing alone this one aspect is enough to warrant question and further investigation of conspiracy. There is so much more. Professor Jones presents thirteen challenges of the official report, just concerning the physics involved in the collapse of the buildings. Indeed some may be incorrect, but so far all I see is someone else's theories opposing his theories.

God you're getting confused; earlier you admitted that they were hypotheses. The offical story is a theory.

Why not read this; http://www.firehouse.com/911/magazine/towers.html. It's actually written by an expert (BYU's own Engineering department doesn't support Jone's claims, LOL) so might put some of the misconceptions unqualified whack-jobs have fostered in you. It will for example correct the ideas about WTC 7 being demolished; it was so badly damaged they detected movement in the structure 1 1/2 hours before it collapsed and cleared the area. Wow. What clever demoliton devices; to make the building move over a hour before it collapses... of course, Jones et. al ommit this data even though I can find it on my lunch break... pffff... wake up and smell the Charalatans man...

There needs to be further hands on investigation. Which is probably why the debate is growing hotter and not cooling off?

No, the JFK assasination debate continued for decades; it's no indication of the official story regarding the mechanics of the day being untrue, just an indication people are happy to believe nonsense, especially if it makes them feel clever and in possesion of special knowledge the 'sheep' don't believe.

Questions, so many questions. Like: The failure of standard operating procedures (SOP) to intercept Flight 11. The failure of SOP to intercept Flight 175. The failure of SOP to intercept Flight 77. The official story as to these failures changed a few days after 9/11. According to the second version of the official story, the order to scramble jet fighters to intercept Flights 11 and 175 went to Otis Air Force base instead of the nearer base, McGuire. According to this second version, the order to scramble jet fighters to protect Washington went to Langley Air Force base instead of the nearer base, Andrews.

Even given NORAD’S time-line and the greater distances the pilots had to cover from Otis and Langley, their fighter jets, flying at full speed, should have reached New York and Washington in time to prevent the attacks on the South Tower and the Pentagon. According to this second version, the fighter jets that were too late to intercept Flights 11 and 175 were not ordered to continue on to Washington, even though it was then known that Flight 77 had been hijacked and, according to the official story, was headed back toward Washington.

Consider the FACT the planes scrambled were from Otis; wow, the USAF is clever, orders given to one airbase are carried out in another - or is this another case of you being wrong?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_11,_2001_attacks_timeline_for_the_day_of_the_attacks

Add to this timeline simple pieces of knowledge; like a plane without its transponder on rather hard to track in high-traffic environments - and most claims I've seen melt away into wild speculation or gross error...

Secretary of Transportation Mineta’s report of a conversation that may -- and I repeat may, but it does put things into question -- have reflected a stand-down order by Vice President Cheney.

'May' is not proof.

The quick removal of the steel from all three buildings-especially Building 7, where there would have been no victims-before it could be examined.

This is a pure and simple falsehood; check your facts, I know you're not intentionally repeating lies, but you haven't done enough research to even know how long clearing the site took; you just repeat false Conspiracist claims. It took 8 1/2 months to clear the site.

The extreme unlikelihood that a hijacked 757 could have flown undetected through American airspace, especially toward the Pentagon, for some 40 minutes and that this non-military plane, not having a transponder sending out a”friendly” signal, was not automatically shot down by the Pentagon’s battery of missiles.

And now we see how many falsehoods you have swallowed because you WANT to believe the conspiracy theories; you could have found the evidence showing these things to be false vert easily but simply didn't bother;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2001/09/16/wcia16.xml

If the airliner had approached much nearer to the White House it might have been shot down by the Secret Service, who are believed to have a battery of ground-to-air Stinger missiles ready to defend the president's home.

The Pentagon is not similarly defended. "We are an open society," said a military official. "We don't have soldiers positioned on the White House lawn and we don't have the Pentagon ringed with bunkers and tanks."

This shows you believe in an imaginary Pentagon missile battery. Nice to know you check your facts before repeating wild claims... Meyssan is such a whack job even other Conspiraacists disassociate themselves from him; indeed the 9/11 Truth Movement and Jim Hoffman believe his theories are a distraction functioning to discredit other 9/11 conspiracy theories. LOL. Conspiracy Theorists accusing Conspiracy Theorists of Conspiracy - does it get any better?

President Bush gave the impression upon his arrival at the Sarasota school, even after a telephone conversation with Condoleezza Rice, that he was unaware that two more airliners, beyond the one that had crashed into the North Tower of the WTC, had been hijacked;

Ah, so he should of just briefed the press on a rapidly unfloding situation there and then before he's even fully briefed himself. Yeah, of course he would...

and after being told about the attack on the South Tower, did not act like a commander in chief who was surprised to learn that the United States was suffering the greatest terrorist attack in its history.

See above comment about him being a gibbon. Your observation proves NOTHING. But this is dull; your claims are full of obvious and easily detected errors as you've simply not researched the 'official story' with the vigour you've browsed Conspiracist websites, and thus are making mistakes.

Abaddon, I am not like you, who knows all there is to know about 9/11, and I seriously doubt that regards this complex and complicated issue I ever will know all the facts.

Please don't make false allegations about me; I've never said or implied I "knows all there is to know about 9/11". You have one hell of a chip on your shoulder when someone disagrees with you... I'm just asking you for ONE fact which proves the official version of the mechanics of the day is untrue and I have to wade through false information and someone who thinks a claim actually means something when it has no firm evidence.

This isn't about what I know, it's about you repeating unprovable or false claims that form part of 9/11 Conspiracy claim. This is about YOUR level of knowledge and credulity.

LittleToe

Just as people make money of Nessie, many Conspiracist Theorists have their own money making schemes associated with their 9/11 Revisonism....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit