Have We Been Purposely Mislead About 9/11?

by JamesThomas 68 Replies latest members politics

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I find LIHOP for 9/11 to be VERY plausible, and in fact is, for many of the questions raised, the "occam's razor" way of thinking about some of the unanswered questions. I find MIHOP to be just.plain.silly.

However, "purpose" can be defined strongly, or weakly. Does "on purpose" mean the administration got good, useable, specific intelligence, and deliberatly shuffled it, sat on it, ignored it; conspired to keep it from being acted on? Or does "on purpose" mean that they believed a strike was inevitable, unavoidable, and was in fact needed to get Americans behind the "real solution", (big military operations in foreign lands--which they are laughably wrong about), and therefore they were lackadaisacal in their duties to keep America safe?

I tend towards believing the latter. Either way, it's treasonous.

The people who went to war in Iraq wanted desperately to do so long before 9/11, and they wanted to do it no matter how contained Saddam Hussein was. That motivation is on record, and has been all along.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    That motivation is on record, and has been all along.

yep I think it's silly to be slamshut closed minded about one or the other.

• kid-A
    kid-A

I watched the recently released video of the actual attack, and couldn't see anything. Even in the frame by frame, there didn't seem to be anything but a huge explosion.

Same here. I froze each frame of the video and saw absolutely no evidence, or even the outline of a plane in that video. It appears simply as a giant explosion. I'm surprised the Pentagon released it since it just leads to even more questions about the Pentagon attack. In addition, the actual dimensions of the Pentagon's damage are inconsistent with what would have been predicted by a Jet of that size crashing into the walls at that velocity.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Why doesn't the frame by frame shots of the event show the actual airplane?

This is what seems counter-intuitive to most people (much like buildings falling straight down, most people aren't experts on photography or building collapse. And while you shouldn't simply believe everything experts say on a matter, you really, really, really, REALLY shouldn't believe your own crap either, lol) The answer is found in this picture I just took:

You don't see my hand in this picture, but I assure you, it was there during the exposure (You can see a ghost of my hand in the dark area). And while my shutter speed was probably about 1/3 as fast as the shutter speed of the security camera at the pentagon, I'm pretty sure my hand wasn't moving at 400 mph+ either (yes, for the ultra geeky, subject distance changes the equation, but the principles apply).

• Jourles
    Jourles

I still have yet to make up my mind on the Pentagon plane/missle issue. If there truly is footage from a gas station that is not being released, that makes me ask, "Why not?" As far as the frame by frame issue goes with the Pentagon's own camera, I really can't comment on that.

What I can comment on is this: Several years ago when I was living in Houston, the city hosted a grand prix race downtown. They had most of the streets barricaded off so you couldn't really see the race action. A group of us were at lunch one day and we went over to one of the barricades to try and see if we could watch the race. There was a small opening in the wall to look through. The whole time we could hear the cars screaming by. Notice that? I said "hear." As hard as we tried, we could not see the cars going by - only the sound of them. I couldn't even see a blur of a car whizzing by. I'm not sure how fast they were going, but if it was anywhere near 200mph, then I could see how the Pentagon camera might not have clearly picked up a jet/missle going 400mph. You can get a sense of the camera "speed"(for lack of a better word) when that security car drives by. It is not smooth. It's frame capture isn't fast enough to possibly pick up a 400mph object.

Just my opinion.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Jourles, supposedly there are some 80+ other videos they have not released. Even if there is little on them, why not just show us what they have; why be so damn secretive if there is nothing to hide? So many things around 9/11 just don't compute.

It's not surprising how a thread like this can branch off into many directions and the udder magnitude cause one to shake their head and walk away. This happened in me when I began to reexamine the events. To thwart being overwhelmed, it has pretty much comes down to the buildings themselves. It's as if they are asking to be looked at carefully and they will reveal what happened that day.

I am no scientists, yet the routine operation of physics throughout my 55 years strongly suggests that those building should not of collapsed by localized fire damage: and my sense is the brave firefighters who entered those building felt the same way. Weakened areas and the force of gravity certainly would have caused significant damage and perhaps areas that sagged and crumbled. But there was no sagging, there was no partial crumbling which scattered fire would initiate. There was perfect, intense, symmetrical EXPLOSION starting from the top which continued all the way to the ground. It looked like a 1350 foot stick of dynamite going of in slow motion from one end to the other; and everything in those buildings was pulverized to dust.

They have software called a Physics Engine, which is used in video games to make them look and react more to the physical laws of real life. I guess that's what I feel was missing on 9/11, a physics engine. I know this proves nothing. But it keeps me looking.

j

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Kenneson

Nice links

JamesThomas

Thing is James, is he has a hypothesis, as you know.

And it has flaws in it - the lack of knowledge about the temperatures that could be reached in such conditions, the extremely large quantity of explosive his hypothesis requires (1 ton of explosive he claims could do the damage to bring them down; how much more would be required for the reaction to still be going weeks later?!), the unsupported nature of some of his claims.

What points do you feel remain after the evidence that's been posted?

And even WITH those, he doesn't have proof; it is only a hypothesis. Hypothesis are by definiton unproven, so just as you can't disprove god, some unproven points cannot be disproved; the lack of evidence to prove a claim is false when that claim has no evidence itself means nothing.

My point over the caption is this is supposedly a scientific paper. There are not 2 point something H atoms to an O atom in water. The building DID damage other buildings and in a scientific paper amplying something didn't hit other things when it did is sloppy or worse. It's no place for journalistic verve.

And the quote of Sarah Atlas is a quote, I realise; here it is again

She reported in Penn Arts and Sciences , summer 2002, "'Nobody's going to be alive.' Fires burned and molten steel flowed in the pile of ruins still settling beneath her feet."

Check the quote marks; she said 'Nobody's going to be alive.' Her words are being reported on, and are themselves surrounded by the quote from the article her words were in. She never said a thing about molten steel, it's the writer of the article having a bit of purple prose.

Think about the balance of probabilities;

1. Al-Q terrorists planned, trained and were in the planes that hit the WTC (Proven, by evidence and the admission of high-ups in the organisation that planned it).
    2. The fire in the building was sufficiently strong to weaken the metal frame. These broke, and in a kind of domino effect once the rpocess started in an environment with weakend beams, would propogate. When a floor collapsed, it caused another domino effect, this time vertically. (The science and the evidence backing this up (down to frame-by frame analysis where you can see the described process happening) leave me in no doubt.
    3. It got really hot in the rubble and stuff may even have melted but was easily hot enough (like an open fire) to make metal glow red.

Or;

1. The govenment or some massively powerful organisation planted demolition charges in three busy office buildings without leaving any evidence.
    2. Terrorists were influenced into mounting the attack, or set-up in remote control planes, or brain-washed and programmed. Additionally the heads of the organsiation claimed the attack as their own.
    3. The demolition was deliberately triggered - amazingly enough, even with the massive damage to the buildings, the symetry of the explosions required to make if fall like it did were not affected.
    4. They packed in enough extra reactant to keep it burning weeks later - again, all without being noticed or leaving traces.
    5. No one has talked, and despite the large number of people with access to the site and the manifestly easy ways evidence could be gathered, there is no hard evidence of this.

I mean, come on...

It is said that the FBI confiscated these private videos within minutes of the incident. Every other time in history bureaucracy is excruciatingly slow.

That's streaching it a bit. Something happens (in a city street, say an assault), even local police will have local CCTV videos ASAP. And using phrases like 'It is said' - yeah, by whom?

I can assure you it is as easy to find utterly convincing evidence the plane hit the Pentagon as it is to find crack-pot theories. As well as commonsense (so where is it then?) that leads to such theories having the US government and hundred of its employees planning and executing an operation which involved slaughtering the passengers and crew after spiriting the plane away without anyone saying anything. Do you really think your fellow man is that evil? I can assure you even if nothing else would motivate someone, the prospect of eternal fame and wealth for anyone blowing the whistle would. Unless you believe that 'they' are so powerful such an attempt would fail or be suppresed by apparently free and critical news organisations?

Oh, and they planted DNA material..? I agree with SixofNine; if you consider the fact;

• there are HUNDREDS of eyewitnesses who SAW a passenger jet fly low over a crowded streach of interstate immediately before hitting the Pentagon
    • the lights in the car-lot were clipped exactly like a big jet would
    • the interior column damage matches the size of the plane they said did it
    • claims about no wreckage are false (there is as much wreckage as you'd expect including engine cores deep in the building, but not a lot of aluminum skin or structural members. Having seen a F4 DISAPPEAR when it was flown into a nuclear containment vessel;

http://www.sandia.gov/news/resources/video-gallery/index.html#rocketsled

alt
    althttp://www.sandia.gov/images2005/f4_image3.jpg

alt

... the disintegration of such parts is entirely consistent with the claimed impact. Note the cute way the wingtips are not destroyed, but are merely cleanly sliced-off such is the destructive power of the impact.

• claims windows that 'should' have broken but didn't are clueless - the plane hit newly strengthened portion of the Pentagon, which had blast-proof windows which actully worked very well).

Show me a website claiming no plane hit the Pentagon, and I will show you it's selective use of quotes, photographs and data, and it's suspiciously convenient ignorance and avoidance of obvious flaws in their claims. I promise you. But if I can find the proof that claims no passenger hit the Pentagon are false or risable, you guys can too.

It is not a few good points by a possibly-dodgy professor, or prophets of truth in the internet wasteland. It is the increasingly ludicrous leaps of faith and either improbabilities or impossibilities one has to put your faith (I choose those words) in.

Mulan

A CCT camera will, unlike a video camera, normally take less than the 60 scans a second (30 frames). Even at this frame rate a fast moving object will appear to jump from one position to another when replayed slowly.

It's just like a movie camera; film moves into place, shutter opens, shutter closes, film advances one frame, repeat. An object is only recorded on a frame of film or video if it's in front of the lens when the shutter is open.

Obviously video cameras don't have shutters like film cameras do but it still works in a similar fashion to you taking 30 photos in one second and stringing them together to make a second of film; there are points in the second when the 'eye' of the camera is not recording what is in front of the lens.

A CCTV camera might only have a frame rate of 10 a second or lower, so what you see is EXACTLY what you would see if a fast jet ploughed into a building like that. And don't you think the government could do better fakes than Steven Spielburg or George Lucas?

~

Think of JFK's shooting. Think of the now beautifully detailed proofs of the single gun-man in the book despository created by people who digitised the entire sequence of evens in 3D on a computer, and showed how some seemingly convincing claims (which had no hard evidence) were utter bunk. Think of how people love and cling to such clever, iconoclastic yet unproven theories. See the pattern, and in the words of NWA, don't don't don't, don't believe the hype.

Just because it is the commonly accepted story doesn't mean it IS hype.

Just because it is 'on the edge' pseudo-gnostic blah, doesn't mean it is NOT hype.

I'd say it's far more simple; the President is apparently a partially competent gibbon and is run or part of a long entrenched cliche of neo-liberals who intended to go into Iraq anyway. They might have looked the other way from 9/11 in some form or other, there may have been some form of 'who will rid me of this accursed priest?', they definately were caught with their pants down as far as prevention goes, they certainly benefited from the attack in terms of the strength it gave their position and the massive boost the war gave to the defence industry - almost $100 billion a year extra... and of course some of the defence industry are very hand in glove with the neo-cons. How cosy. And men and women are dying because of a financially and strategically motivated war carried out on false pretexts.

I suppose it is a conspiracy theory. And most of it - far far far far more than the planes didn't hit/buildings wrere demolished theories - is provable.

Seriously people, isn't that enough SCAREY to be going on with without believing the wild unfounded stuff?

• heathen
    heathen

Yah Ok Abbadon . Then how do you exsplain the patriot bills that are deemed unconstitutional being passed without consent from the people ? They are trying to run the government as if we are under martial law , not that most people take a notice anyway . There seems to be more to this than anti conspiracy people are willing to look at . I'm not going to mention the fact that the same guy owned all the buildings that fell on 911 in NYC .

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

I wached a program yesterday of the people who were lucky enough to find their way down the stairs and to the street. One man told his story has he made his way down past the location where the plane hit. Although the firemen was telling everyone to stay to the right and not look to the left...He did look....and his discription was that he did see some the passengers in the plane still sitting in their seats, some decapitated, some with missing limps and body parts laying around.....He said it is something he will never forget.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    What points do you feel remain after the evidence that's been posted?

There is much that puzzles me, and I am not yet prepared to list them all here. As far as "evidence" being posted, I see some degree of valid arguments against, but no solid evidence that would warrant dismissal of anything; and if some points are proved one way or the other, it does not imply that all points follow. Each one needs to be dealt with on it's own.

I never said Jones has proof, only what seem to be scientifically valid questions. A lot of the 9/11 questions do not seem so well thought out.

As far as the Pentagon, I don't know what hit it, and it does not really concern me. As I have stated though, I find the feds refusal to offer the public all video, suspect. Especially since in this instance anything caught on tape should prove their case.

I am somewhat amazed abaddon, of your ability to be so certain that the official story is correct. The only way I could be so assured would require I close my eyes to all possibilities contrary to my position. I'm trying to look at this with eyes open and not automatically discount anything. So far this method has brought with it more questions than answers, and I don't know what the hell really happened, but my sense is there is more going on than the U.S. government is letting on.

The government or some massively powerful organisation planted demolition charges in three busy office buildings without leaving any evidence.

We don't really know that, do we. You, believe there is no evidence. Others believe there is. Which is why we are talking about it.

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit