Witnessing at the WalMart in Evansville, Indiana(pics)

by Jourles 60 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

Free Wal-mart store greeters!!!!!

Funny!

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

So , What happens if armageddon comes while they are sitting in front of Walmart? Is that really the safest place to be?

Oh, the irony of the setting up at Walmart & shopping malls alike.... shouldn't they set up at zoo's & parks?... HMMM I guess they expect people to have some spare change after they walk out of walmart...

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

Are they Bethlites? First time I have seen JWs peddling their wares in front of Wally World..AND with posters of their mags and books.....The store manager must be a Witless. Anyway everytime I go into Wal-Mart I come out feeling sick from the chemicals put in the clothes that are on display.

• unique1
    unique1

When did they start doing that?

• rebel8
    rebel8

Wal-Mart cares about its community image. If we get enough people to write in with protests, I'm willing to bet they will make a rule that JWs cannot be on store property at any of their locations. That would be a huge victory because there are so many store locations.

• truth.ceeker
    truth.ceeker

Wow! That is definitely news to me! I once ran into witnesses at several Texas Airports with their booths setup, but this one is by far the most blatant! I can hardly believe it but oh well, if that's where the people are at then the 'fishing' is going to be more productive. During a trip I had from Oregon down through California and across the southern desert states to Texas, I was run-down several times at hotels by what I call - Drive-By Witnesses. They roll up in their cars and offer the magazines and drive off to the next hotel. Amazing is what I thought as I stood for a moment and wondered with great wonder where their hearts and minds were at. No getting out and chatting, no offer of good news, just "Here are some magazine you might be interested in" and poof! they speed off.

..my experiences on the journey of life..
    truth.ceeker

(of the victim of a drive-by class)

• blondie
    blondie

Walmart supports the Salvation Army, allowing bellringers in front of their stores and matches donations. Other stores did not do this last year, Target for one, worried about how it would look. I would say if Walmart is allowing all religious groups equal access, it is their choice, and if the WTS/JWs go, it will result in all religious groups being barred from their property. I doubt that will happen.

Those JWs doing this, you can bet, had to be pre-approved by the elders in the congregation and by the current CO. Looks pretty costly their setup and I'm wondering who paid for it, the congregation or the individual? I haven't seen anything like this except at the university which requires there be so many JW students attending to qualify for a table.

Blondie

• Rational Witness
    Rational Witness

Where are the pictures of Armageddon? I want to see pictures of Armageddon! RW

• luna2
    luna2

They are saving the Armageddy pics for the free home "Bible" study. They don't want to scare away the customers rubes interested ones before they have them hooked.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

they'd pack up and leave soon enough if one danny hazard type walked by with a truthful poster!

danny! we need to get you cloned! lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit