Witnessing at the WalMart in Evansville, Indiana(pics)

by Jourles 60 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

Saves people like me walking over to be disgusted. I can be sick a good 100 metres away.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

::If that's Photoshopped it very good. It's real.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• willyloman
    willyloman

On a local college campus a few months back I spotted a similar scene. The display was very similar, folding table, backed up by huge posters of artwork lifted from WTS publications, but no obvious signage indicating "Watchtower" or JWs. You had to inquire, which was the point, because I was told later by a college official that the rules for setting up space on campus includes a prohibition on proselytizing - they can't walk up to people and start a convo, but they can talk if someone approaches them and asks questions.

Anyway, I had to walk past this display several times during the day I was there, and I NEVER saw anyone talking to them. By mid-day, the couple sitting there was reading and underlining their 'towers for the Sunday meeting. Oddly, the couple seated at the table appeared to be in their 70's. I can't imagine most college-age students chatting them up. I wondered why they didn't put some hot pioneer chicks on the job; that would at least have gotten a few conversations going.

I thought to myself what somebody above already said: What an easy 8 hours (they were there all day, from what I saw). If you did that once a week, four times a month, you've got half your pio hours!

I guess this is an example of Jehovah's progressive organization in action.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I couldn't help but notice they were surrounded by flowers at the store. I'm surprised they didn't put flowers in front of the table, like they do at assemblies.

Then when they were ready to leave for the day, they could have offered the flowers to people for a "suggested donation."

Rub a Dub

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Bethel has a Witnessing Stand in Brooklyn Heights. It is run a by local congregation.

It's located on Brooklyn Bridge. Blvd and Jarolomen St.

i never stopped by to say hi ... looked too commercial like.

• luna2
    luna2

Perhaps this is the future of service. No more pounding the pavement fruitlessly ringing doorbells...just set up your booth, plunk your butt in a plastic chair and start counting the hours. They could place attractive bowls of wrapped candy or plates of Little Debbie snack cakes on their tables to entice people over. Come closer, come on...its all FREEEEEE.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

Bethel has a Witnessing Stand in Brooklyn Heights. It is run a by local congregation.

It's located on Brooklyn Bridge. Blvd and Jarolomen St.

i never stopped by to say hi ... looked too commercial like i know the stand at boro hall. well. next to the 4 train. i had to go there for a month straight. it only took a week for the alternating jw's there to hate me. (this was at the time i was doing heavy wt. research) . i would do research at night. and leave 30 minutes early. for work. just so i could piss the living shit out of this 70 year old 4ft 5 bethelite. trying to impress the sisters he sucked into working the stand. it got to the point they called the police on me. lucky for me i had my bible every day. and just started reading verses. the cops tried to bark at me. but i told them a few things about the craptower. and reminded the police i have the same right to preach on the corner as the jw's.then i questioned the jw " is it not true the wts won many court cases. allowing anyone to preach on the street or door to door just like your doing at your wt news stand" the bethelite didn't want to answer . but i pressed the issue. all the while telling the cops he would lie... the jw admitted in the end, i had just as much rights as he did. the cops ended up being pretty cool. and i whipped the wt new stand for another few weeks. to the point they were not even there every day. john

• TrailBlazer04
    TrailBlazer04

I can vouch for that being the walmart in Evansville...the Home Depot is next door...I lived just outside E'ville for almost 8 years...that was where I had my first contact with the witnesses...and ALMOST got sucked in... TB

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

How appropriate that these two scumbag organizations should cooperate together! And it benefits the cult members too! When a JW pioneerâ„¢ takes a break he can go into Wal-mart and find some nice polyester pants. How fine he'll look when he struts his stuff at the next circuit assembly!

I think it's noteworthy that the JWs had the display at a Wal-Mart, much like my former congregations used to concentrate most of their efforts in the lower income neighbourhoods.

W

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

that sister had hwer shoes off and no stockings...form a Judicial commitee right away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit