What the heck do JWs find wrong with Mother's Day, Father's Day,

by White Waves 44 Replies latest jw friends

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

mrsjones,

no, noone ever said i was a "tad" negative. they have said i am absolutely negative. they have said i am inordinately negative. they have even said that i am positively negative. but, no, they have never said i was a tad negative.

j of the without the negative pole there would be no electricity class

• dido
    dido

My mum has died, and i really regret not sending her a mother`s day card and birthday card, now it`s too late! What harm does it do to show your mum how much you love and appreciate them? What is so bad about doing that? I do have a lot of guilt feeling`s over this, and the fact that my kids never had a birthday party. Does anyone else feel like this?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

mrsjones,

no, noone ever said i was a "tad" negative. they have said i am absolutely negative. they have said i am inordinately negative. they have even said that i am positively negative. but, no, they have never said i was a tad negative.

j of the without the negative pole there would be no electricity class

lol and you're funny too! Really your response did make me laugh.

Josie

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

thank you mrsjones.

dido,

i'm sorry about your mom. death comes to us all, and yet it is always a shock. you would think that it wouldn't be a suprise by now. there is nothing wrong with loving your mother and celebrating her every day if you wish. guilt is sometimes a large part of our relationships with other people, but i'm sure your mother would tell you that she loved you for the things you did do; those are the important things. the things we didn't do are often overlooked by everyone, except ourselves. what you are experincing is a normal part of grieving and i'm sure you'll call on jwd if you really need to talk. i wanted to bump this to top because it felt kind of awkward appearing where it did. you might think about posting it as a seperate thread. there are lots of folks who would like to help you. best wishes for you.

j2s

• Lapuce
    Lapuce
    It is not that there is anything wrong with birthdays, but Jehovah's people voluntarily give them up to help their brothers and sisters to stay separate from the world. The celebrating of them is purely a following of the world. When someone sees that it is ones birthday, a worldly person would say "Happy birthday". That is such an automatic expression that it is meaningless. Is the one saying that going to do anything to help that one have a happy day or is that just "calling on the gods" to help? Any special "happy" day is just plain stupid.

Yes Grissom, its as automatic expression that its meaningless like when the brother in charge of welcoming at the KM does, its automatic, robotic, come on and get a life will ya...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit