What the heck do JWs find wrong with Mother's Day, Father's Day,

by White Waves 44 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH
    The anniversary of one's birth is not an accomplishment. There is simply no reason for a 5 year old to be celebrating the anniversary of his birth. No reason.

How dare you, fool.

Do you know how many children are born and dead before the anniversary of their 5th year? I think current world statistics are something like 3 of every 5 children born will not live to see their fifth birthday.

You say it is not an accomplishment. Neither is waking up this morning, and you still did it.

SURVIVAL is an accomplishment.

If no one is happy that you were born, so be it.

As for me, I am a parent of two and I will HAPPILY celebrate every year of life my children are granted.

You are a fool.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

JWs have all sorts of superstitions, and rules.

What I don't understand is... why doesn't anyone ask them about the wedding rings, and their origin?

"Wedding rings date back much further than you probably imagine. Primitive man would capture a woman and encircle her wrists and ankles with chains to prevent her from escaping. Yet another ancient practice involved circling her body with a rope, which would both keep her from evil sprits and bind her to him. Even in seventeenth-century BC Egypt, wedding rings had a supernatural significance, linked by their never-ending band with eternal love. Ironically, the early Christian Church initially rejected wedding rings as relics of a Pagan time, but gradually adopted the practice."

http://www.our-wedding-plans.co.uk/rings.htm

There are many other web sites that discuss the origins of the wedding ring.

Not only that, what about the other customs with weddings? Brides maids, Best man, grooms men, the wedding gown, the veil, etc.

Ohhhhhh... but that's just fine. their response might be something like... "But, it's customary."

Well... so are the holidays. *scratches head*

Yup. Strange how JWs pick and choose what they want.

Regards,

Jim TX

• carla
    carla

My brother was thrown out of school (suspended) in the third grade for informing his teacher that making Valentines were Penis Worship. Thanks for a laugh today! I shall leave the board this morning laughing for a change! hillarious!

• carla
    carla

oops! had to come back and edit- not funny he was suspended, poor little guy. But the other part...!!!

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    The so-called "Mother's Day" was observed in America first in 1914, the very year that Satan's world ended

This is an argument????

So everything that started in 1914 is bad then. Id better start checking the patents office for all inventions and procedures that were conceived in that evil year.

But hang on, wasnt 1914 also the year that the heavens were cleansed?? So surely everything that happened in that year is GOOD and should be venerated.

Gosh its so confusing isnt it. Every argument can be argued EXACTLY the other way depending on which way you word it. Gosh, better not tell the WBTS....

• juni
    juni

One last post:

Linda, I agree w/you all the way. If those male geezers had to give birth and go through all that we women have to during pregnancy, it would be a most memorable occasion! But with that being said, the most unforgettable part is the birth of that beautiful child. A mom NEVER forgets the overwhelming love she feels for that newborn.

Bless you and your miracle babies and best of health to all of you.

Juni

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

That's easy. They didn't think of it and other people enjoy it.

As for the guy who thinks birthdays are wrong because being born isn't an achievement. . . what planet is he on!!!???

I think celebrating the anniversary of one's birth is a great way of reflecting on the miracle of birth. Oh and did I say i enjoy a party!!! (especially kids parties!)

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

oooh hi katie kitten!

Haven't forgotten you. just had 4 birthday parties and a Christmas to celebrate since we last chatted (one was mine . . . big 4-0)

• james_woods
    james_woods

So, Satan's world ended in 1914 -

Now I understand it all - this is why there is no more evil in the world, and everything is fine. (Well, most everything - I guess Satan can still remote control the Smurfs...)

Well, maybe we should create some kind of Christian celebration over this momentous fulfillment of prophecy in 1914...lets see...maybe if we just arbitrarily took say the third thursday in November and had a Christian love feast and invited our neighbors and gave thanks to God...

No - No - now I remember, we're not supposed to do that either...

So confused, can't remember what to do -

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

HI Pubsinger! Happy 40th.

Sorry was that loud enough? HAPPY 40TH!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit