What the heck do JWs find wrong with Mother's Day, Father's Day,

by White Waves 44 Replies latest jw friends

• VM44
    VM44

Rutherford didn't like the idea of Mother's Day.

He also did not like men rising to their feet when a woman entered or left a room, and also did not like men tipping their hats to women either.

Rutherford is said to have said derogatory remarks about women as well.

The Jehovah's Witness do not realize this, but they are following a religion created from the beleifs held by one man, J.F. Rutherford.

--VM44

• carla
    carla

Virgochik, I have said the exact same thing to my jw! If you ever get a response let me know, I'd love to hear one. I have pointed out the fact they have their roots in pyramidology, practiced phrenology, necromancy and possibly a few others (let alone, the Greber association). He says those are different and they don't do those things today. Yet they are allowed Luau's, pinatas, anniversaries, wedding and baby showers, and what is it when spanish speaking gils reach a certain age? kind of a 'coming of age' party- those are allowed as well. Then it seems that many of you growing up had made up holidays (usually coinciding with mom & dad's anniversary) where you would all give gifts to each other, how is that different from us worldilies celebrating things which have no meaning or attachment to the 'pagan' origins?

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

It's very simple it's called BEING ASSHOLES!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    What the heck do JWs find wrong with Mother's Day, Father's Day,

Who cares? At least I don't have to show some form of appreciation for people I don't really like.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Hey, Carla! I saw the copout, "they don't do those things today." So, when he names a holiday and their boatload of objections to it, say, "We don't do those things today!" It is the same reasoning, isn't it?

Oh, I think you're referring to quinceaneras, for the chica's fifteenth birthday. You must be a woman with have lots of patience, and love. It's not easy, but we love our JW family, or try to, lol! There's always hope, look at so many here on the board who woke up.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

The worst kind of belief: Anal Legalism

• free2beme
    free2beme

Mother's Day is evil because it honors the most evil and low of the species, the WOMAN! Well, that is the Witness standpoint at least.

• LDH
    LDH
    *** g74 2/8 pp. 27-28 Are They Harmless Observances? ***

What Is the Bible’s View?

Are They Harmless Observances?

VALENTINE’S Day, May Day and Mother’s Day are among observances that most people would view as “harmless.”

My brother was thrown out of school (suspended) in the third grade for informing his teacher that making Valentines were Penis Worship.

Lisa

You Can't Make This Shit Up Class

• grissom6471
    grissom6471

>Sweetest Day???? And, HOW did wedding anniversaries get to be OK and not birthdays??? ARGHHH! Sorry, I have >not looked at a school brochure in 20 yrs, slept or zoned during any child or parent oriented meeting and >have no idea on this. Thank you much!!! I hate it when this topic comes up because the motivation is always worldly. Wedding anniversaries are celebrated because they are an accomplishment. The anniversary of one's birth is not an accomplishment. There is simply no reason for a 5 year old to be celebrating the anniversary of his birth. No reason. It is not that there is anything wrong with birthdays, but Jehovah's people voluntarily give them up to help their brothers and sisters to stay separate from the world. The celebrating of them is purely a following of the world. When someone sees that it is ones birthday, a worldly person would say "Happy birthday". That is such an automatic expression that it is meaningless. Is the one saying that going to do anything to help that one have a happy day or is that just "calling on the gods" to help? Any special "happy" day is just plain stupid.

• juni
    juni

My comment:

Isn't viewing and honoring the earthly organization as a "mother" creature worship??? I wonder then if it would be acceptable to send the F&D slave class a card?

Again THEY dictate what is acceptable and if you don't agree you're BAAAAD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit