What the heck do JWs find wrong with Mother's Day, Father's Day,

by White Waves 44 Replies latest jw friends

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

They only want "true christians" to worship them.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Thanks Katie.

Do you know the last time you saw me I was in my early 20's!

Scary.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

36? You're never 36 are you!!!?

I could have sworn you were about 19.

• nomoreTRUTHplz
    nomoreTRUTHplz

I'm with LDH. From now on I well celebrate ALL of my children's birthdays. My son almost died twice before he was a year old and unfornately I was still in the org when his first bd came up. I COMPLETELY regret not celebrating. To me a childs bd party is a celebration of having spent another year with this precious person in your life!!

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

virgochik,

mother=satan...sometimes this absolutely true. not only that but ,father=satan's little helper. any newspaper in any metropolitan area in the world will offer more than enough evidence that this is true.

ldh,

agree with ldh=not fool; disagree with ldh=fool...if only i had known it was so simple. unfortunately not all of us were raised by the shining example of motherhood you imply you are. since you are into statistics, how many of those children that don't reach the age of five are murdered by their mothers? how many are murdered by their mother's boyfriend? how many are murdered by their mother's new husband? how many are murdered by some guy their mother picked up at the pub last night? are we celebrating these mothers also? any female fool can give birth, and guess what? it does not automatically stop them from being a fool.

juni,

"a mom never forgets the overwhelming love she feels for that newborn." unfortunately, in the real world, everyone doesn't get to ride this happy train. some of them forget and some of them never feel this " overwhelming love". it is sad but true.

j2s

• LDH
    LDH
    unfortunately not all of us were raised by the shining example of motherhood you imply you are.

Fool.

I don't have to 'imply.' The proof is in the pudding. In this case, the proof is in the happy, self-content children I have raised.

The issue is not *HOW* children die, the issue is that *MANY* children die before their fifth birthday. Some by violent means, some from hunger, some from illness. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to bob and weave through those choppy waters have an opportunity to be GREAT parents, if we take our jobs seriously.

We are not celebrating the mothers, we are celebrating the children. There is a difference, get it right, and try not to twist arguments using faulty JW reasoning methods. I'm not even going to respond to your straw-man arguments.

Mothers get celebrated on Mother's Day as a sign of respect for their hard work. Fathers get celebrated on Father's Day, as a sign of respect for all of *their* hard work. Children get celebrated on their birthday, as a sign of the joy and blessing that a parent feels upon reflecting about this little baby that grows (hopefully) into a wonderful human being.

No more truth, That gave me the chills reading it. Every day is a celebration of life, and a chance to be not just a good human being, but a GREAT human being. I hope you sincerely enjoy celebrating the wonderful gift you were given in your children.

Although with that being said, I see there is good reason for not celebrating the birth of all children.

Lisa

Hold the gifts, Class

• juni
    juni
    a mom never forgets the overwhelming love she feels for that newborn." unfortunately, in the real world, everyone doesn't get to ride this happy train. some of them forget and some of them never feel this " overwhelming love". it is sad but true.

j2s

Yes this is true for some mothers because of various reasons. Some of those moms get the help they need to get back on "track" and others should never have the privilege of rearing a child. It is THE hardest job. Raising a child to be a mature and responsible and loving adult takes a lot of dedication and sacrifice. And even then your best intentions may not be realized as that child is his own individual person and will be influenced either for the good or bad by other people. You can only do your best to give him/her a good start.

Juni

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    "a mom never forgets the overwhelming love she feels for that newborn." unfortunately, in the real world, everyone doesn't get to ride this happy train. some of them forget and some of them never feel this " overwhelming love". it is sad but true.

j2s

Has anyone ever told you that you tend to be a tad negative? Just wondering.

Josie

• juni
    juni

Heh Josie!

I don't think you are talking to me, but to 2sheep. Am I right?

Juni

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

No not you Juni, I was talking about 2sheep. I just looked back, is that your quote? Quite confusing if someone doesn't use the quote thingy. I still stand by the negative comment tho.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit