Your favourite film of all time?

by Spectrum 49 Replies latest social entertainment

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

A difficult one, because my film viewing depends on my mood, but I have always loved the Blues Brothers

• delilah
    delilah

There are so many, but I have to say, Fried Green Tomatoes, The Notebook, The Godfather, Monty Python's, In Search of the Holy Grail,Tombstone,Blackhawk Down, to mention a few.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Oh God! There are so many! I can't pick one!

Imitation of Life

To Kill A Mockingbird

Pitch Black

Rear Window

War of the Worlds (The first one)

Saving Private Ryan

Shawshank Redemption

The Night of the Living Dead (the first one)

Misery

The Stand

Crash

Monster's Ball

Monster

The Green Mile

......and more!

• lucifer
    lucifer

Harry Potter

IT

the shining

the notebook

• Finally-Free
  • jojochan
    jojochan

Three that come to mind though...Color Purple, Repo Man, Star Wars Empire Strikes Back.

Honorable mentions, Black Hole and Tron. And John Carpenter's The Thing.

jojochan.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I really can't pick up one. Among my favourites:

Andrei Tarkovsky, Andrei Rublev (and all the others actually).
    Ingmar Bergman, Cries and Whispers, The Communicants, The Seventh Seal (and many many others).
    Carl Th. Dreyer, Ordet (etc.).Friedrich W. Murnau, Sunrise.Buster Keaton, The General (etc.).Charles Chaplin, City Lights, Modern Times, The Dictator.Marcel Carné, Les Enfants du paradis, Drôle de drame.Jean Renoir, La Grande illusion.
    Ernst Lubitsch, To Be or Not to Be, Design for Living, Ninochka.Alfred Hitchcock, Psycho.Federico Fellini, Amarcord.Pier Paolo Pasolini, Theoreme, The Gospel according to St. Matthew.John Huston, The Misfits.Jacques Tati, Mon Oncle (etc.).René Clair, La Beauté du diable (etc.).Carol Reed, The Third Man.Michael Curtiz, Casablanca.
    Billy Wilder, Witness for the Prosecution.Louis Malle, Zazie dans le métro.François Truffaut, Les Quatre cent coups, Jules et Jim.Luis Buñuel, Viridiana.Yasujiro Ozu, Tokyo Story (etc.).Kenji Mizoguchi, Crucified Lovers, Tales of the Pale and Silvery Moon after the Rain.Satyajit Ray, The Music Room, The Trilogy of Apu.

• mckay
    mckay

I'm surprized at the list of favorite movies. No one besides myself has mentioned, "Gone With the Wind." Has anyone here seen the movie?

Of course I'm half way as old as the hills, maybe that movie is too far back for anyone to know anything about it.

mckay

• juni
    juni

Well McKay. I liked the book "Gone With the Wind". When I saw the movie I liked it, but not as much as the book.

My favorites are:

Working Girl Anne of Green Gables/Anne of Avon Lea Ghost Sweet Home Alabama Shawshank Redemption Dave Spies Like us The Notebook Anna and the King Tootsie Mrs. Doubtfire

Actually I just realized you asked for your favorite movie of all time - I just don't have 1 movie, sorry.

Juni

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

...and how could I miss: "The Color Purple" and "Training Day"

I didn't like "Gone with the wind"; as Rhett put it "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." "Cause I don't know nuffin 'bout birffin babies!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit