Fargo

• Mulan
    Mulan

I have a few that I watch whenever they are on TV:

Mr. Holland's Opus
    Working Girl
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Shining Through

If I had to name a favorite, I guess I would say "Shining Through"..................it has everything, spies, war, romance, suspense, violence, and very important for me, a HAPPY ENDING!!!

I also really like a movie made in the '60's called Grand Prix. I haven't seen it on TV for decades. Must rent it I guess. Great movie. Stars a young James Garner, Eva Marie Saint, Jean Paul Belmondo, and several other well known actors.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Definitely The Sound of Music, but also Shawshank Redemption, Witness, Paper Moon.

I recently saw The Sting on satellite. Hadn't seen it in a while. Definitely a great movie. The sting, Johnny Hooker (Robert Redford)!

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

My favoritest film is Jacques Tati's Playtime. Or Mon Oncle.

Next week I'll be back with a different answer.

gently feral

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I like the quotable movies. The random lines you can use in every day life.

Fletch; Seems Like Old Times; 9 to 5; most 1980's teen angst movies.

There is an atty I work with and he hates when he sees me carrying anything heavy, because he is afraid that I will break my back and sue the firm. As Murphy's law would have it, every time I am lugging something around, I run into this guy .... so the line I use is from Fletch when Fletch is trying to get away from the Doberman ... "Look defenseless babies". The other line I love ... "it is all about ball bearings." I pull that out at random times. I love that movie for its random quotes. Granted, it is not as funny if someone has never seen the movie before and they look at you like you are insane (which truthfully I am!)

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

My favorite movie changes from year to year....right now I will say it is "Capote"

What an OddBall he was...the actor deserved the best actor award for playing Truman Capote.

Yesterday on encore...a movie was playing called "Strange Invaders" Reminded me so much of the Watchtower GB's.....they came from outerspace and wanted total control over the small town of people.

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

Monty Python's The Meaning of Life...it's got it all...

~Merry

• poppers
    poppers

It's really tough to narrow it down to one favorite. What I like has changed drastically over the years. I use to favor war films based on real events, like The Great Escape, or any other WWII battle, but that has changed now, even though I do still enjoy historical war movies. Now I prefer romantic comedies and life-affirming films such as: Little Women, Anne of Green Gables (except for the third film - horrible), Serendipity, Love Actually, Notting Hill. There are lots more in this vein. I also really enjoy classic movies from the 30s and 40s like: The Razor's Edge, Casablanca, Meet John Doe, and It's a Wonderful Life. There are just too many for me to mention.

• lola28
    lola28

Love Actually ( I have seen this movie a billion times and know it word for word, yup I'm a nerd)

E.T

Forrest Gump

Pretty Woman

Pretty in Pink

lola

• greendawn
    greendawn

I like Tom Hanks so it is "road to perdition" and also shawshank redemption.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit