Does this make me an apostate™?

by under_believer 23 Replies latest jw friends

• under_believer
    under_believer

Today I had reason to enter a hospital. Nothing serious, just a doctor appointment. As I was walking through the enclosed entryway (it was one of those affairs with a revolving door at one end and double doors at the other,) I saw the Spanish-language Watchtower and Awake! magazines (La Atalaya y ¡Despertad!).
    I stood there looking at them for a good 20 seconds, just staring.
    Almost without thinking about it, I grabbed them up, rolled them into a little tube, and carried them with me. I then proceeded to throw them into the first garbage can I walked by.
    I have posted on here about nothing making me feel guilty--well, this made me feel REALLY guilty. Some big talker I am.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Don't worry about it.... who knows, what you did might have eventually "saved" someone a lifetime of WatchTower slavery both to them and their family..... it was a good thing, because you know the truth about the "Truth".

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

when you still question your apostate activities you a newbie aposta baby. It's a rebirth. Maturity is too develop.

praise ali-baba.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Sorry but I can't condone removing goods from the Marketplace of Ideas - even if you think they are rotten.

All you did was substitute your own judgment for that of someone else in the belief that you know better and that you had the right to make such a decision for them - which just seems arrogant.

Next time, lay down your own article or tract that counters the speech and let the reader decide.

-Eduardo

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hey go with it. If it's any consolation, we're all afraid of the word 'apostate' and but only because of their silly made-up interpretation of it. Find another silly label you're happy with, like 'freedom-fighter'.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Sorry but I can't condone removing goods from the Marketplace of Ideas - even if you think they are rotten.

That's not what he did. He took possession of a freely offered good, and disposed of it how he wished, as is his right.

Should one leave Jihadist and NAMBLA material lying around, if we object to it, and feel it may be harmful in the wrong hands?

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

There is a laundry mat, right next door and also owned by the Chinese restaurant I like get take out from. While I'm waiting for my food, I go next door and throw out most of the Wt and Aw. The ones I leave, I put a sticker on them that says Example of Cult Propaganda. I then stick some flyers on the bulletin board about JW's with some website info.

lisa

• KW13
    KW13

nah, he was entitled to take the material as was anyone else. not a problem with that personally.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

You did nothing wrong, as far as I can see. They were there for people to take, and you took them. I think I'd have done the same.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Good job on doing your part to clean up litter. Someone'd trashed them sooner or later anyhow.

Uribus, is right too though, in fact I think that is a better idea than throughing out the mags.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit