SECRET DOCUMENTS: District Convention

by Elsewhere 45 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

"Let's catch a ride" to Revelation 4:14.

Rub a Dub

• rebel8
    rebel8

Elsewhere & confidential informants—Once again, you rock! Thank you for sharing yet another fascinating document that reminds me why I left the borganization. What control freaks~unbelievable.

Conventions are not legally obligated to let persons take these items unless the suggested contribution is made.

Can someone with legal expertise comment on the accuracy of this statement as it pertains to US law? ;)

• geevee
    geevee

It all sounds very typical. So many rules were spawned from the commands of Jesus Love God with whole heart, mind and soul; Neighbor as self and Love one another. You can see that he really meant to say all the other stuff about how to run a DC and how to give the talks there and every other frickin rule that has ever been written in the WT/publications.........
    White shirts; suits [trousers and matching jacket] I thought this was just standard clothing for all dubz?

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

One thing (and there are several other examples) was the description of why ambulances should be "on-call" for DA's and not contracted to be parked outside the building.

"It's expensive"

The balance sheet shows a profit of almost $50K for the example Assembly but cost is paramount over safety. Is that loving?

There are even instructions on how to gloss over deaths of delegates at the Assembly so it's something that they are prepared for, but won't spend a grand to help prevent.

I hope they all die burning.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

No fireside chats, no changing the order of points, no outside material, 30-60 second answers, no recommendations or advice from those interviewed, is it any wonder these conventions are so boring and impractical.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Good work Brother Elsewhere!

No wonder the WTS is fighting so hard to keep this kind of stuff off the internet - it's documents like this that reveal the absolute control-freak character of this organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit