SECRET DOCUMENTS: District Convention

by Elsewhere 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It is time for the District Convention so I thought I would share a nice little tid-bit.

Thanks to someone who must remain anonymous, we now have the instructions that are given to the speakers at the District Conventions:

http://www.reexamine.info/docs/district_convention_talk_instructions.pdf (17 KB - Small File)

http://www.reexamine.info/docs/district_convention_talk_instructions.jpg (1 MB - Large File, original JPG Scan Image)

Don't forget to review the District Convention Operations Manual!

• KW13
    KW13

who did you hold at gun point for these? well done man

kw

When introducing scriptures, do not use innovative or otherwise "catchy" expressions such as "meet

me at

. . ." or "let us rendezvous at . . . ." Instead, follow the guidelines in Study 20 of Benefit From

Theocratic Ministry School Education, entitled "Scriptures Effectively Introduced."

LOL i couldn't believe that, "let us hang out at daniel 5:23"
  • Genesis
    Genesis

LoL KW13, "lets party at Mathiew 6:33"

• KW13
    KW13

i'd of loved to do that if i was an elder, see what people do about it.

• flag
    flag

"do not switch to another language"

Is this a new rule?

Last year in our spanish district convention the speakear from bether swithch to english for about 20 min to address the young audience.

I'm wondering... did he do this on his own or same rules don't apply to all conventions.

• M.J.
    M.J.
    guard against sounding bombastic.

Sounds like these affairs have been a little watered down since the Rutherford days!

• M.J.
    M.J.
    Last year in our spanish district convention the speakear from bether swithch to english for about 20 min to address the young audience.

Yeah that's what happened in ours too. It seems like this specific instruction,

Do not revert to another language, thinking that some in the audience, such as the children, will get a better understanding of what is said.

was given in response to what happened recently in the past. Perhaps there were some complaints.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Thanks a lot Elsewhere. Yes who did you point a gun at?

Lets boogie down at Math 6:33, Love it..

Funny thing though is that some speakers do say crazy things when invited to look up a scripture. Obviously since the elder is being counselled not to use catchy phrases. so it must happen from time to time.

Bro. Ted Jarca$$ says , Dear brothers let us do the shuffle to John 17:3, and then hip hop over to verse 17. "

Ofc

• sf
    sf
    Do not revert to another language,

Ooga Booga!!

sKally

• lawrence
    lawrence

Now brothers and sisters, let us seriously "hook up" on caliente Jn 1.1!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit