What are you doing to stay healthy ??

by Genesis 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Genesis
    Genesis

Im just wondering about what people of different are doing to stay healthy.

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

I too am into working out. I take a kick boxing class 3 days a week and then the other 2 I have a spinning class....It really does help with stress and your overall wellness. However I usually am too busy on weekends to do much, other than take a walk....

I'm still trying to eat more healthy, but it all takes time and patience..... it's about changing your whole life style.

Im also tanning, it does have many health benefits besides the look

Ummm, I recommend doing some more research on the subject of tanning and using tanning beds. I'm not saying I don't think it looks really good to have a tan, but the side affects surely out number the benefits!! I used to use tanning beds, but after seeing what it can do to your skin ( wrinkels, age spots, CANCER) I stopped. I've now resorted to using "fake" tanning lotion products..... if you find a good one, it works wonders and looks really natural!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I went on a women's retreat with some ladies from my church and I won a one month membership to Curves. I like it. It's only 30 minutes a day and I get to workout away from the kids. It's my mini break of the day.

Josie

• lowden
    lowden

Hi Genesis

I'm a YMCA General Populations Personal Trainer (CYQ) so i'm up there. For me C.V. is rowing and running and Resistance is 'strength' training, none of my sets really stray above 7 or 8. Big on Vit C and loads of vegetables and fresh fruit. White meats and fish. Loads of water and fresh air. I could go on, suffice to say that we should ALL strive to keep as healthy as possible ALL the time, life is for living to the best degree possible. My motto on my literature is.....Don't SIT there....... GET there! Oh and stretching is soooo important, stretch, stretch,stretch.

Peace

Lowden

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Right now, I have taken a hiatius from being a glass artist to do hard labor (clearing fire roads & spliting fire wood, etc...) Even though I ride a Quad around for the long hauls; Most places are still only accecible by foot...

I've tried just working out with weights, but walk away feeling like a hampster in a hampster wheel...

the ony supplument(s) I use occasionally (when I feel like I have low energy) is: "MIRICALE 2000"

I mostly eat an organic vegitarian diet, but am a firm believer in: "it's all good in moderation" Yup, if i have a protien craving, there's no match for BBQ chicken; and pizza is not pizza unless it has peperonni on it.... I usually stick to eating fish(sushi) & seafood on a regular basis though...

could never be vegan... Pizza has to have real cheese on it; Dammit...

Oh yeah, I eat something chocholate once a day too... usually after smoking a couple joints (it's all good in moderation)

Generally I stay away from alchohol... but when in good company...

,Mike

• luna2
    luna2

OFG, you make me giggle. I'm sure you're a very healthy guy.

I'm not commenting on what I do because lately its been a big ZERO. I'm eating like crap and I haven't worked out for a week. I suck!

edited to fix OFG initials!!! For cripes sake, I can't even get those right. Arrrrgggghhhhh!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I stopped buying cheap scotch years ago and fell better about it every day.

Rub a Dub

• lucifer
    lucifer

walking my cute doggy, and vacuuming at work, laugh all ya want but that is hard work! lol

• daystar
    daystar

I had quit working out for a while since I was having some back problems. But I started back a couple weeks ago with some weights. I don't eat a lot of sweets at all. I drink water throughout the day. Daily vitamins when I can (those damn things are horse pills). My BMI says I'm within my range for my height, on the low end.

And I have a kid. Those will tend to keep you pretty active.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Hey, luna2, glad I could make you giggle... Giggling is healthy! Glad to be able to help

& when someone tells me that I make them giggle, that makes me happy (&heathy) too...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit