What are you doing to stay healthy ??

by Genesis 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

I work hard, long hours, take coral calcium, omega 3-6-9, glucosamine, and cinammon. I'm in good shape. Throughout the day, when driving, or doing relatively nonthought things, i do breath focussing. It's zen meditation, on the go. It reduces the number of thoughts pumped out by my overactive thinking processes. I also bicycle as the sun sets, when i can.

S

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I run on the weekends. I swim during the week, a little. I work hard all day. I play. But, most of all I sing in the car (Chris & Taylor have nothing to worry about from me) and I try to laugh.

• spawn2u
    spawn2u

I used to practice Northern Praying Mantis Kung-fu all the time, I have kids now. I do attend some of the time, at one point I reached the 5th level at a point which is AKA disciple level. I just started riding my bike to work, it is about 4 miles with a couple hills between here and there.

• Kero-kero
    Kero-kero

I drink beer, eat kebabs have chocolate and sit on my fat arse watching repeats of The Big Train on UKTV 2

• Kero-kero
    Kero-kero

I feel so guilty reading all your posts

• Emma
    Emma

I turned in my parking pass (saves about $50 a month, too) and walk in to work most mornings, about 3 miles. Lots of fresh veg's and fruit, organic as much as I can afford. I try to eat almonds and walnuts several times a week, as well as other quality protein. Really good dark chocolate every day! I need to get back to the free weights for upper body; I'm not getting any younger. My main focus is on staying active and mobile till the end!

And the new house has a beautiful, mature garden so I'm learning as I work. We have a good size vegetable garden and yard; takes lots of healthy time and energy.

• Dirks Retort
    Dirks Retort

Swim Ride and Run, but mostly run.

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

Treadmill - at least four times a week, 4 to 6 miles at a time. Drink tons of water. Have tried to eliminate anything with white flour or sugar in it. Lots of fruits and veggies, nuts, protein, lean meat. And laughter....LOTS of LAUGHTER!!!!! Then anti-aging products to eliminate any laugh lines that may dare to appear on my skin.

• anewme
    anewme

About two months ago I joined another online health forum and I must say it has worked wonders to help me keep conscious of my nutrition and exercise program.

Its like here! We talk and share our ideas and concerns and past and current challenges.

In addition to taking a daily multiple, I just started taking MSM and Sulphate and Condrointan for joint lubrication and Calcium for my bones.

I got a new job too! Very strenuous. I am working with alongside an electrician. OMG some days I hurt all over from ladder work or bending under counters or reaching into ceilings!
    The good news is after two weeks the pain is going away and I am getting stronger!!

I feel there is hope that soon I will have come full circle. When I left the jws my mind and health fell apart. I let everything go as I struggled to survive emotionally.
    Now slowly with the help of this forum and the others I am walking taller and stronger and reclaiming my life once again!

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Genesis,

If you want to go down the health path then stay off the supplements. They are marketed at people that don't have a clue about health. Everything you need is found in the variety of food that is available, the difference being that in natural foods vitamins etc are in the right form for the body to absorb them properly.
    Use olive oil and eat a balanced diet and you'll be OK. I find that body builders are some of the unhealthiest people around. If you want to be healthy stay off their type of diets.

I used to weight train 3 times a week but now I just run 3 times a week.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit