Hello, I am new here...I think!?!?!?

by Kero-kero 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Kero-kero
    Kero-kero

Hello everyone.

I am new to this forum...at least I think I am...I swear that I joined before and left a message...but maybe I was just dreaming.

Anyway, I am, what seems to be termed in this forum, a FADING JW. My wife is still a JW and when I try to talk to her she will go on about me becoming an apostate, but I have learnt so much about the WTBTS these last few months that fading and leaving is so easy for me now. I know that there is a lot of hate and false stuff said about the WTBTS but also a lot of things are true, like the famous NGO business and being a shareholder of a Company that produces parts that are used in weapons.

Also since I stopped going to the meetings and the pressure to conform to their thinking as almost completed faded I do not suffer with depression, which was something I used to suffer with a lot as a JW. Did anyone else suffer with depression or any of mental disorder when they were a JW?

I think the only thing I miss are the Japanese meetings I used to attend in North London.

Anyway...I will end for now.

Take care all.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Welcome Kero-kero

I never knew about the WTBTS ''Wordly Dealings'' until I stumbled across this site, and I'm sure the vast majority of active JWs (especially here in the UK) are still totally unaware.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Welcome kero for the 1st or 2nd time!

I don;t miss the meetings- ocassionally miss the idea of the district conventins but thats nothign to do with the spiritual food - its more a nostalgia think and missing my yoof!

hope you stay and tell us more about yourself.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome Kero Kero. Nice Avatar.

Fading can be really hard on a marriage. Keep loving your wife and treating her with respect. She will find you a refreshment while the congregation becomes a burden.

Good luck.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hi nice to meet you! *shakes hand*

What is the false stuff being said about the WTBTS?

Josie

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome.

It is common for people in strict groups like the WTS to suffer mental and physical illness according to Steven Hassan from Combating Cult Mind Control. I recommend that you read it.

I hope that your fade is successful. If you hang around here you will pick up questions that may just help open your wifes eyes.

• ferret
    ferret

As a JW I suffered depression at times almost suicidal. since I left the depression left almost immediately. Oh and welcome kero.

• Kero-kero
    Kero-kero

Hello all.

Thank you for the rplies and the warm welcome.

TheListener Don't worry, I love my wife, so I will not do anything to hurt her. I am patient and I know that one day she will see sense. She has already told me she is fed up with the congregation she attends and she wants to move to another one...so maybe this is a good sign?!?!

I am also pleased you like my Avatar. It is from a Japanese anime series called 'Keroro Gunsoo' (Sergeant Keroro (or Sergeant Frog)) Kero Kero is the Japanese Onomatopoeia for explaining the sound of a frog

mrsjones5 The false stuff I have read is about how JW's do not take any medical treatment. That they can only have sex if they want children, they cannot drink alcohol...stuff like that. I have also read stuff, that seems out and out hateful which is not at all helpful for those that have doubts or are fading.

Crumpet Fuuny enough, I never enjoyed the Conventions or Assemblies. I used to go to Twickenham and I just hated being surround by so many people (I am not a lover of crowds) I also went home feeling depressed and fed-up. The last couple of years, when I have taken my wife, I have just stayed sat in the car...I took her, becuase no one else would...how nice is that of her so called friends?!?

Anyway, for those I have not replied to I would like to say 'Thank you'

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Hey, even if was you 3rd time....Welcome!

Especially with fading, it can become important to have someplace to vent. I am diassociated but my wife is still a JW, as well. For some reason, she thinks I am an apostate. The NGO thing was my first SERIOUS wake-up call too.

Enjoy the forum.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit