Hello, I am new here...I think!?!?!?

by Kero-kero 30 Replies latest jw friends

• snarf
    snarf

Welcome Kero-kero! Depression is very common in the Org. most the people I knew, including myself, suffered from some sort of depression. Be good to your wife and show her through example that the life outside the witnesses doesn't mean that you will be "wordly". You are still the same loving husband, just without all the interuptions that witnesses pose on your personal time together. Be strong, through your examples, I am sure she will come around.

• Miss_MG
    Miss_MG

Welcome Kero Kero ,nice to have you on the forum .

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Welcome Kero Kero,

I think the Org has a tendency to attract people with a predisposition to depression because these are the type of people that are looking for a way out of this world. Of course as you know the Org offers this dream so they are in effect a captive audience.

If you are not depressed then they make you so by telling you that this world is rubbish, you hate it, you don't want to live in it, everybody in it will die unless you accept our teachings of Jehovah and his FDS.

• daystar
    daystar

Welcome to the board, kero-kero. Good fortune to you and yours in the troubling times ahead.

• Jamelle
    Jamelle

Hello kero-kero! And welcome!

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

hi

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    Re: Hello, I am new here...I think!?!?!?

Ah welcome ya silly bugga!

here have drink

and some flowers

and some unspiritual food

we've got everything

would you like a free home bible study? ...

::: yes I suffered mental problems - cognative disonance induced depression mostly. happy posting, unclebruce

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Kero-kero,
    Looks like we are in the same boat. Even our wives seem to be in the same spot. It's a pretty messy situation. I think I'm going to finally bring myself to stop attending as well, I just can't stand it anymore. I had a number of ideas in my head of how me and my wife can get out, but i've finally come to the conclusion that I need to just let it go.
    I think a major factor in gaining your wifes respect is to really know your convictions and why you believe what you do. Personally I would stay away from the scandal stuff and stick to how the WTS twists the Bible for its own purposes. If you start talking about the UN and stuff she will think you just believed some lies on the internet. Never forget the JW mindset that we all have been in at one point in time. It is NOT logical! It has to be approached on its own level.
    I wish you the best.

-drew

• KW13
    KW13

As a jw i suffered from depression, fortunately although i still have it, its not as bad.

• Brigid
    Brigid

Dear Kero,

A warm welcome to you. Hope you find everything that you need.

On depression. Yes, I was a depressed witness with eating disorders. Now, I am generally a positive, healthy person. I'm utterly convinced that it has everything to do with not being a witness anymore.

Light and Love,

~Brigid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit