When and What was your "Spiritual" height?

by Dune 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Dune
    Dune

The highest i ever got was my being considered for a Ministerial Servant back in fall'ish 2004.

Of course, i also started college that semester, and was given an ultimatum and now i'm here .

But anyway, when and what was your pinnacle height in the Organization?

(O yeah, One year on JWD!)

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

five years as a pioneer.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Pulled out of school after my sophomore year in 1973 to pioneer. Only managed temporary - hated pioneering as I'm not a sales person and have a difficult time with "no". I think I just got tired of hearing it!

My true "Spiritual" height was achieved when I became active on the native american Red Road, with sweat lodges, moon lodges, and other ceremonials, get-togethers, and powwows.

I've since moved forward exploring wicca, and easter religious philosophies, and have found my own center spiritually. I understand far less, and know far more than I ever thought possible, and I'm comfortable with that.

• misguided
    misguided

When I was 10 to 15 years old. I read the bible, pioneered when I could, and preached wholeheartedly.

At 16, I began to have doubts and found things that didn't made sense to me, yet I got baptised anyway. I totally trusted my grandparents/parents with knowing the "truth," and figured I'd get it over time with enough prayer and study. I was wrong.

It took me to my 30s to understand it didn't make sense, because it just doesn't make sense.

• learntoswim
    learntoswim

i pioneered for 2 years, was a miniman ministerial servant for one year, and now i'm just a lowly publisher.

was such a relief when i was removed from all my privilages. its amazing what you can do with an extra 70 hours a month to spare!

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

I pioneered for about a year and held a number of posts, including being the assistant to the school overseer. It was a position that was reserved for MS's, so I knew what they had in mind for me. There was a little shake up in the pioneer world though that put an end to all that mess.

Edit: I cant believe how many impromptu talks I ended up giving during that time. If I wasnt doing them every week, it was every other.

• caligirl
    caligirl

One month when I was about 13, I managed 30 hours in "service" ! of course it was more like 15 when you count that I achieved that with my best friend and worked our way into the rural territory and coffee break car groups. That was the first and last time that I went over 10 hours in a month. What a waste of a nice July!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I aux. pio. for several years, then pio. for 1 and 1/2 years (never made it to Pio. School, shucks...started in January of one year, removed in June of the year following), appointed MS at 17 and removed in June (see pio. section).

jst2laws tried very hard to convince me to reach out to become an elder. hee-hee. He couldn't understand why I didn't want to. Later, he couldn't understand why I stayed a baptized publisher so long. Publishers have greater freeness of speech than appointees do.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• White Waves
    White Waves

Shortly after forced baptism at age 16, I pioneered in grueling heat and got my 60 hours in, the last of which was studying with my baby sister to finish up my time. I determined never to do that to myself again. I never was so miserable while at the same time received so much praise for my good deeds. This would be my appearance of a spiritual high point. It was then I determined I was not going to be a cleaning lady or dependent getting a man to have independance. I was going to have a career that I got some joy out of and freedom.

• bem
    bem

Auxilary pioneered with my children two teen-agers and a toddler, in Southern Arizona for two summers, poor kids at least they still love me and we have a great relationship, borg-free.

~ Dorothy

* When would be 1992-1994

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit