When and What was your "Spiritual" height?

by Dune 41 Replies latest jw friends

• geevee
    geevee

I was an elder, had been the service overseer, school overseer, then secretary, used to be a hospital visitation elder and got to go once a year to the bi-annual HLC meetings. Got to be a session chairman at the district convention and circuit assembly, assistant to the assistant on attendants too......
    BIG DEAL it is all BS. These "positions" are just garbage and only serve to show how mind locked I was. Even then I never got to do anything major, like serve on appeal committees or give actual talks at conventions etc.
    Dont forget, when you "reach out" for this stuff, you are only trying to win popularity votes, if those who decide like you....you fit the mold more perfectly than someone else, you get their vote and in/up you go. It is absolutley nothing to do with "spirituality". Maybe only religiosity.
    Remember the Pharisees.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I got to tell the teenagers what to do at the convention food table...

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

I was a ministerial servant for 3 1/2 years long time ago. I should not have been appointed, but I did get appointed!

• Ariel84
    Ariel84

I signed up to sit behind a contribution box once

• uninformed
    uninformed

30 years as an elder, 3 years as a pioneer, 10 years as PO, 9 two week trips to NY to work in Temp Const., 75 Judicial hearings, several appeal hearings, district conv parts, at least 30 circuit assembly parts...........................

..............................but I have to say my spiritual high was last week when I told the elders, "Just as Jesus said to Judas, get what you are going to do done more quickly. If you disfellowship my wife and I because we oppose the WT position on its involvement with the UN, you guys have the Mark of the Wild Beast just like they do. You have now made it clear to Jehovah which side of the issue that you are on."

Needless to say, my wife and I were disfellowshipped last Monday Night.

Brant Jones

• Kudra
    Kudra

Uninformed-
    I am standing up and clapping for that one!!! A brilliant comment to the elders! I love it.

• Kudra
    Kudra

My spiritual high WT-style was aux pioneering. big whoop.
    But I was with a bunch of my friends doing it and we had a GREAT time doing the rural territory. More often than not it would turn into a hike, or rolling huge boulders down a hill, or driving out to the coast...

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The day I was appointed an elder, ; The first talk I gave at a circuit assembly

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

MS and general do-gooder. No spiritual highs.
    That's brilliant Brant! The UN shock was the thing that made me separate myself from any connection with the org.
    Pete

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Being accepted into bethel was my spiritual high, but turned into my spiritual low. It was there I realised being spiritual as a JW was only about serviing the WTS machine, and little to do with God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit