by jw 131 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Can you people honestly say Gods Spirit is Guiding you?]

I THINK NOT! jw

Your displeasure has been duly noted and filed in an appropriate location:

• jw
    jw

JW, I would just like to say one thing: The Bible never says that you have to be guided by the holy Spirit to distinguish between a false prophet and a true prophet.

You must study the Bible and meditate on it, at the same time asking for God's spirit to direct you. ( Proverbs 15:28 ; Luke 11:9-13 ) "If any one of you is lacking in wisdom," the Bible says, "let him keep on asking God, for he gives generously to all and without reproaching; and it will be given him." ( James 1:5 )

• oldflame
    oldflame

This person reminds of another called def'd

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

God gudes people by giving them a brain and free will. Any success you have can be attributed to those two elements. Which, is not a bad deal.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    You must study the Bible and meditate on it, at the same time asking for God's spirit to direct you. ( Proverbs 15:28 ; Luke 11:9-13 ) "If any one of you is lacking in wisdom," the Bible says, "let him keep on asking God, for he gives generously to all and without reproaching; and it will be given him." ( James 1:5 )

In James 1:5 (one of my favorites) a person has to first recognize a lack of wisdom. Then, once the lack is recognized, they are allowed—not required—to ask for wisdom. Since God gives without reproaching, why do you reproach others? I find that interesting, I am very curious about it.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• helppls
    helppls

jw---I sincerely believe that you would benefit a lot if and when you start heeding your own advice. The first step is to identify and recognize your problem. And then actively try to solve it. Studying and meditaton might help. Also, pray and ask God for help. If you ask humbly and sincerely then, maybe--God might bless you with wisdom.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I THINK NOT!

Well, it's not guiding me, and it never did throughout my 25 years of wts involvement.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I THINK NOT!

YES.... and I've never been a dub (thank God)!

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Jw:

JW, I would just like to say one thing: The Bible never says that you have to be guided by the holy Spirit to distinguish between a false prophet and a true prophet.

Believe me, I have studied the Bible well, and from this comment, it would seem that I know it better than you. What does the Holy Spirit have to do with the text in Deuteronomy? Wasn`t this text (chapter 18) given to the jews of Moses days (remind me, how long before Christ...), so that they could distinguish between a false and a true prophet? Was the holy Spirit given to the jews at this time? I believed that even Jehovahs Witnesses agreed that the holy Spirit didn`t appear and start guiding the christians until Jesus was dead. He/it first appears in Acts. It`s not necessary to be spirit-directed to look at a prediction, written down on paper (the Watchtower-magasines), and then see the date come and pass, and see that it wasn`t fulfilled. We don`t need the Spirit for that.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Jw:

Believe me, I have studied the Bible well, and from this comment, it would seem that I know it better than you. What does the Holy Spirit have to do with the text in Deuteronomy? Wasn`t this text (chapter 18) given to the jews of Moses days (remind me, how long before Christ...), so that they could distinguish between a false and a true prophet? Was the holy Spirit given to the jews at this time? I believed that even Jehovahs Witnesses agreed that the holy Spirit didn`t appear and start guiding the christians until Jesus was dead. He/it first appears in Acts. It`s not necessary to be spirit-directed to look at a prediction, written down on paper (the Watchtower-magasines), and then see the date come and pass, and see that it wasn`t fulfilled. We don`t need the Spirit for that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit