Ongoing Saga; Privacy Commission, WTS and my attempt to get personal files

by jwfacts 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• rebel8
    rebel8

Stephanus, my last post was re US laws in response to jgnat's post. I continue to applaud jwfact's approach.

jwfacts, Have you heard anything yet?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

No, have not heard anything. In the letter that they sent me it was stated that it can take several months to investigate an issue, it is the public service.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

From what I've been told, that after five years the files on individuals are to be destroyed.

Am I mistaken in this regard.

Orangefatcat

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I am not sure. There are various forms, some held by Bethel and some by the congregation. Maybe the congregation field service reports are only 5 years, but I am under the impression that more important information is kept for longer.

• lillith
    lillith

I should of read your post before I posted mine....I am also searching for the same thing here in Canada. So all I can say is KEEP your eyes on YOUR PRIZE...for whatever reason that you want it ....Keep going your reason doesnt matter....your are PAVING THE WAY.....your road is truley cramped..just look at all the negative posts you have gotten...they may of burned it...the may alter it...it doesnt matter it is YOURS and you have a right to the copy.....if the hoops are plenty ....don't let that deteer you...keep going and all the power to you.I also am on the same quest...you are not alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit