What kind of house would you like to have?

by averyniceguy 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I live in my dream house already (sigh). It's a log home on a few acres with a pool, fishing pond, art studio loft with a balcony and bedroom, 16 x 20 wood shop, well house, porch swings, wrap around porch, 8 large windows (4 x 4 each) facing onto the pool, pasture, pond, 1 acre yard of grass surrounded by a wrought iron fence, large trees, enclosed sunporch with a fountain, attached office, barns, etc. horses, cats, fish, and parrots.

There's:

lots of dust, lots of weeds, the pool needs to be cleaned and chemicals checked all the time, the lawn needs to be mowed all the time, edged, the trees need pruned, dinner, laundry, mop the tiles, dust, the flowerbeds need weeding, the fountains need algae cleaned, fences need to be checked, horses fed, groomed, and shod, cats running in and out, well pump breaks down, air conditioner is out, logs need to be cleaned and re-preserved every 6 years, cobwebs need to be vaccumed on the 25 foot beamed ceilings, horse shit needs to be picked up, etc. It's never-ending work with this place. Eight years into the dream, I'm worn out.

Now... what I *really* want is a small one-bedroom home in the middle of 50 acres. That's my dream home.

CG

• Nikita
    Nikita

I want Country Girl's home BUT with hired help to go with it!!

Nikita

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

A house in which the mortgage is less than the national debt of some small countries.

Rub a Dub

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Well, I bought a lot here where I live about 3 years ago. I went into this place, and had my dream home all ready to be built. I gave them a downpayment, but asked them not to start till we sold this house. What do they do? They build the whole thing, and our house didnt sell lol. So, now my dream home is sitting on their property as a "show home"!!!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Paid off.

Nina

• damselfly
    damselfly

I'd love a logcabin in the woods, or a lovely beach house with a giant covered front porch, or a little cottage on the country, or this place here,

a treehouse! How much fun would that be?!

Dams

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Come damselfly darling, our treehouse awaits..

• damselfly
    damselfly

Oooooooooo! Tempting, unclebruce, very tempting. Is that a double-wide caravan ?

Dams

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

It's got a long drop, scenic views of the swamp and it's safe from mice 'n moose

• damselfly
    damselfly

......and his'n'hers ladders. Or is one the "emergency" exit?

Dams

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit