What kind of house would you like to have?

by averyniceguy 41 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I wouldn't want a large house. I live with dedpoet in his flat, which he owns, having bought it a few years ago, and we are quite cosy here. There wouldn't be any point us having a large house anyway, we aren't going to have kids now, so we are unlikely to be moving anytime soon.

• Fe2O3Girl
  • Celia
  • Celia
  • Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I love my house even though its not done, we're still in the construction zone. We live in a small old Adventist church built in 1899.

I don't care for my neighborhood or the fact that our lot is so small. If I had my choice I would pick my house up and move it out into the forest.

Best Regards,

Chrystal

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

we moved to Perth from the UK because it meant that we could have more chance of our dream home, we have a spa out the back which is the greatest way to snuggle up under the stars watching the steam rise. Our place isn't perfect but we love it and it will be a good place to raise a family and has enough space for us to spread out a little and grow.

So there's the answer to your dreams - move to Australia!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Hey, it beats the tent I live in and the view of Chilhowee Mountain is almost as good.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Well... I have been thinking about my next home... I want one that will still be standing after a hurricane, tornado, hailstorm, fire, etc.

Yuppers... I want a monolithic dome home.

Single level, about 50-foot in diameter, with a large kitchen/dining/living area, 3 bedrooms (one will be an 'office'), 2 baths, a laundry room, and more.

It will look similar to this one...

http://www.monolithic.com/thedome/orion/index.html

...only no second floor. I have toured the dome shown, and unless you've actually seen one, you may not understand what they are all about.

I am very happy that my girlfriend is all for these types of homes. (She was an 'easy sell'.)

Due to the unique type of structure we are putting up, I have nic-named it a 'silo-dome'. I am planning on doing much of the work myself.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Jourles
    Jourles

If it has a roof, a few windows, and a door to get in and out of, I'm happy. I don't need anything fancy. I'm a simple kind of guy.

Just as long as the neighborhood is good...

• kid-A
    kid-A

Ultra-modern, Frank Lloyd Wright styling with Bauhaus inspired interior design and furniture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit