Is There Any JW Belief That You Still Believe In?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

No trinity; no hell fire; no damnation; that "traditions of man make the word of god invalid" translation - I don't buy much into holidays, it irkes me that I have to give into the Hallmark holidays ... I refuse and I tell people not to bother doing it for me either

I am like many people here agnostic. The idea that there is something there, but I am not sure what it is. I follow more the karma practice - send good out and you will get good in return. But the scripture you reap what you sow is also fitting.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Right now I believe only what I know is true and that is nothing I can think off except that I will die in a few years, after that who knows?

Ken P.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

JWs do have a doctrine of Hell. They just package it up with pandas

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Would you have any qualms about taking blood?? No and I even know my blood type. Do you believe in a paradise earth? Don't we live in paradise now? Do you think there is only one "Truth"? No, I don't think there is only one truth and a know for a fact the jws don't have it. Do you believe Jehovah God exists???? God yes - Jehovah no, Jehovah is a a puppet god name. You understand where I'm going with this. Yes I do Josie

• Satan, Bringer of Light
    Satan, Bringer of Light

Hovies, as I affectionately call them, preach that Jehovah will kick my ass.. Any group of people that perpetuate rumours like that do not deserve to live in my world. Don't worry, their time WILL COME.

Be slaves to your desire, not to the words of men.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Yes, One of their oldest doctrines. I believe more strongly now than ever.

"Religion is a Snare and a Racket"

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

Nope..........Thats what a smurf told me to say.......

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No Trinity, No Hellfire, Paradise earth makes more sense than Heaven, no immortal soul, when you ar edead you are dead

• Legolas
    Legolas

the blood issue was drilled into me so hard it's weird to think about getting one if needed, but I would, and I am also going to give blood

• Deleted
    Deleted

No. Probably not one. After recently reading The Pagan Christ by Tom Harpur I don't believe anything in the "bible" is historical and was never meant to be. It's all symbolism, nothing is literal. It's all Egyptian in origin and is powerfully transcedent. It was never meant to be taken literally so there is nothing the WTS ever wrote of what did or will happen that has any validity to it at all. The WTS is beyond a waste of time, it kills people. It is evil. If a god has the power to fix the wrongs but doesn't then that god is evil too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit